Riding Instructor Requirements:
- Conduct riding lessons with The Bridge Center clientele.
- Teach horsemanship skills where applicable
- Teach riding skills per approved PATH standards and practices.
- Communicate with rider’s parents to ensure customer satisfaction is at the highest level.
- Effectively manage volunteers before, during, and after lessons according to PATH standards and The Bridge Center policies and procedures.
- Assess appropriate goals for each student and ensure communication with parent/caregiver/guarding regarding progress
- Oversee all Horse Camps throughout the year; campers, camp schedules, and activities
- Other related duties assigned by Head Riding Instructor
Apply by: June 3 2017
Camp/Organization: The Bridge Center (ACA Accredited)
Location: Bridgewater, MA
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Possession of a motor vehicle operator's license
- Successfully complete pre-employment background checks (CORI/SORI, NSOPW)
- Certification in CPR and First Aid
- Possession of PATH certification, and MA instructor’s license.
Education and Experience
- College coursework in equine science preferred or similar areas of study
- 8-10+ years of riding and horse experience
- 2+ years of instructing experience
- Experience with the special needs population in a recreation setting