JOB SUMMARY: To help coordinate and teach the Theater/Drama program at Naticook Day Camp, and to help maintain standards that lead to a quality program.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general supervision of the Day Camp Director
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Develop, plan & lead daily drama activities for children between the ages of 5 – 14.
• Organize plays & skits for performances held throughout the summer
• During staff training, assist in teaching responsibilities associated with drama activities.
• Conduct daily check of facilities and equipment in program area for safety, cleanliness and good repair
• Determine suitable play by considering: age and abilities, likes / dislikes, and familiarity
• * rewrite script if needed, to ensure appropriate language and suitable length of time
• * establish cast of characters
• Assist in conducting initial and end-of-season inventory, storing, and keeping equipment in good condition. Continually checking equipment and making repairs.
• Submit orders for equipment and supplies when needed
• Assist in packing all materials and supplies at end of season
• Evaluate current season and make recommendations for following season
• Other duties may be assigned as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Training and experience in Acting or Theater activities
• Ability to teach and direct campers of all ages
• Desire and ability to work with children
• Ability to relate to one’s peer group
• Ability to guide and supervise
• Good character, integrity, and adaptability
• Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
Apply by: March 27 2015
Camp/Organization: Merrimack Parks & Recreation / Naticook Day Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
High School graduate or equivalent, or at least 18 years of age
- Experience teaching drama/theater activities
- CPR / AED Certification Standard First Aid
Position runs from June 22nd - August, 14 2015