St. John’s Prep is an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men in grades 6 through 12. Founded on the Xaverian values of compassion, humility, simplicity, trust and zeal, we educate students to be, do and stand for good in the world. We enroll 1,500 students from more than 60 communities.
The Summer Programs Director at St. John’s is responsible for developing and coordinating all aspects of summer programs at St. John’s with primary responsibility for the summer day camp. This is a full-time, year-round position reporting to the Director of Auxiliary Programs.
• Assess, enhance, and, where appropriate, expand camp offerings that align with the School’s mission and meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social needs of children.
• Manage the program to ensure a safe and secure environment for campers and staff.
• Collaborate with the Director of Auxiliary Programs and the Director of Marketing and Communications to plan and implement a comprehensive marketing program.
• Establish routines and enforce camp policies, procedures, and practices.
• Ensure compliance with the State of Massachusetts regulatory standards.
• Conduct risk management and safety training of all camp activities and employees.
• Recruit, hire, and train camp employees. Supervise and evaluate employee performance in accordance with camp policies.
• Create work schedules to proactively and efficiently maintain the program with minimal disruption.
• Oversee all camp activities and make any necessary program changes within the summer camp season.
• Coordinate and organize registration in conjunction with the camp office manager.
• Monitor revenues and expenses and manage program in accordance with the budget.
• Maintain the camp database in conjunction with the camp office manager. Prepare reports for and communicate with the Director of Auxiliary Programs.
• Provide coordination and support, as necessary, for other auxiliary programs throughout the school year and summer months, including facility rentals, academic enrichment courses, driver’s education, arts and specialty camps, and sports camps.
• Attend camp fairs, PTO events and other opportunities to promote the summer day camp and other programming that St. John’s has to offer.
Qualifications and Background
• Bachelor’s degree in related field and experience working with children.
• Ability to work well in a team environment and collaborate with camp staff and other departments, campus wide.
• Excellent leadership, management and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated experience managing and supporting staff.
• Strong communication skills both internally and externally with families.
• Patient, enthusiastic, self-controlled and dependable.
• Extensive knowledge of the laws that pertain to all camp activities in the State of Massachusetts.
• Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
• Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter and résumé to Tracii Schaeublin at email@example.com
Apply by: February 18 2019
Camp/Organization: St John's Prep School
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round