The Director of Residential Life works closely with the Director of Auxiliary Programs to implement the philosophy and goals of the School’s Residential Life Program for boarding students in summer programs.
The Director is responsible for the daily needs of the summer boarding programs so that summer students have an enjoyable experience while living in an inclusive, safe and enriching environment.
Candidates are expected to live in campus housing during English Immersion and Academic Adventure Programs.
The position will begin with pre-camp planning in preparation for Residential Camps opening on July 12, 2020.
When camp is in session, the normal work schedule is 12:00 – 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• Coordinate student housing including changes after arrival
• Arrange weeknight and weekend activities
• Responsible for student discipline
• Coordinate student laundry through E&R
• Actively manage two assistant directors and all residential life staff and staff schedules
• Responsible for all weekend cash and student allowance
• Main point of contact for families with on campus concerns
• Coordinate daily with Academic Director to ensure a seamless transition from residential to academic programs
Apply by: April 11 2020
Camp/Organization: Fay School (FaySummer)
Location: Southborough, MA
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
• Previous leadership/supervisory experience in a Residential Life program at a camp and/or school setting
• High level written and oral skills
• Ability to create, implement, and lead program activities
• High degree of organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to supervise complex operations
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
July 6 – August 7, 2020 Interested candidates should send a resume, a cover letter detailing why they would be a great fit for FaySummer, and list of three references via email with the subject line “Director of Residential Life” to email@example.com.