We are seeking an on-site Nurse Practitioner, EMT, RN, PA or equivalent to become a part of our team!
You will focus on providing high quality camper care as part of a healthcare team.
- Provide health care to meet individual needs of camp staff and campers.
- Follow health care policies/procedures as described in the Healthcare Manual and treatment procedures.
- Organize, maintain, and utilize adequate resources for serving the health and medical needs of the campers and staff.
- Set up the camp Health Center.
- Maintain accurate and detailed medical records according to state and American Camp Association Standards.
- Ensure staff and camper health examinations are current and on file.
- Prepare and utilize daily medical log for treatment and medications.
- Prepare and record insurance and accident report forms.
- Oversee First Aid procedures and supplies.
- Ensure a staff orientation session is delivered on medical services.
- Screen all campers and staff who are arriving and departing camp.
Other Job Duties:
- Provide leadership in the camp’s risk management program.
- Develop a resource file and obtain information and/or literature concerning health in the camp community.
- Be responsible for contacting parents concerning the status of their child’s health by telephone in the following situations: any injury requiring an x-ray, illness requiring an infirmary stay and emergency treatment/accident, etc.
- MD, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, RN, LPN, EMT, and/or Certified Athletic Trainer.
- CPR certified.
- Current First aid certification and experience in first aid and emergency management.
- Driver’s license.
- Experience in both children and adult illness/injury care.
- Desire to work with children and young adults.
Physical Aspects of the Job:
- Ability to lift/assist campers and staff.
- Ability to read and follow directions on medication labels, health forms, physician orders, and parent letters.
- Ability to use a telephone.
- Maintain written record system.
- Ability to quickly get to remote locations on camp property over uneven terrain.
- Observe and assess sanitation and safety conditions of the camp.
- Ability to communicate with parents, staff, and administration about camper health concerns.
- Possess endurance to meet emergency needs.
- Ability to drive to off-camp health provider, physician, or emergency treatment locations.
Perks of the Job:
- Live on-site next to beautiful Long pond in Maine, enjoy swimming in the lake, kayaking, fishing, etc.
- Room, board, and contracted rate.
- Work with amazing girls in a stellar atmosphere!
- Private room.
- Tuition assistance for your daughters to join us at camp.
- Compensation ranges from $4,500-7,500 for the season (June 15th-August 20th)
Apply by: March 29 2020
Camp/Organization: West End House Girls Camp
Location: Parsonsfield, Maine
Type of Position: Health Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Previous camp work is a plus but not required.
If interested, please send resume to Laurie Palagyi at firstname.lastname@example.org