Gundalow Company seeks a passionate, self-motivated, organized, summer camp Head Counselor. Reporting to the Program Manager but collaborating with all staff and crew, this position helps to plan and run our growing camp both on the boat and on shore for kids ages 5-14. This is an exciting position with opportunities to design and implement your own program ideas. Head Counselors will manage camp sessions with up to 18 campers and several other camp staff.
- Help plan, manage, teach, and run growing summer camp program for youth ages 5-14 onboard the Gundalow and on shore
- Communicate directly with camp families and Gundalow crew/staff
- Work closely with the Captain and Program Manager to ensure a high quality onboard education program.
- Act as mentor to Counselors-in-training and Apprentices and assist in training volunteer crewmembers
- Supervise deck operations during sails and maintain camper safety
TO APPLY: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Search Committee: Camp Head Counselor
Apply by: January 19 2018
Camp/Organization: Gundalow Company
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Year Round
- A strong environmental ethic, plenty of stamina, flexibility, skill in public speaking, and a positive attitude.
- Marine education, local knowledge, and traditional sail experience are preferred.
- Experience with camp programs and willingness to work with youth
- Must have or be willing to get CPR/first aid Certification and NH commercial boating license
- Must be available mid-June to mid-August
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: The nonprofit Gundalow Company’s mission is to protect the Piscataqua region’s maritime heritage and environment through education and action. To fulfill our mission, we use a recently built, traditional, wooden gundalow as our floating/sailing classroom for school groups, River Rats Camp, Public sails and private charters