Under the direction of the Executive Director the Summer Camp Director is responsible for the implementation and development of but not limited to summer camp Programming, Summer Staff hiring & Training, Staff Certifications, summer camp State and ACA Certifications, Family Camp programming and year Summer Camp Marketing. Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Hartford is conveyed.
Apply by: November 29 2014
Camp/Organization: YMCA Camp Woodstock (ACA Accredited)
Location: Woodstock Valley,
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: $30,000 - $36,000 depending on expereince
- Bachelor’s degree and two years resident camp experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience in resident camping leadership role
- Must possess or attain Lifeguard, CPR/AED, climbing tower certifications within 60 days of hire.
- Must successfully complete YMCA New Employee Orientation within 30 days of hire.
- Must be subject to a background check to include but not limited to criminal history, sex offender and driving violations.
• Experience in resident camping leadership role.
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills required.
• Ability to work well with youth, adults, staff and parents.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
• Person must possess values consistent with the mission of the YMCA.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
On-site is available