- Responsible for implementing marketing plan of summer camp programming.
- Ensuring consistent and regular communication with camp families and campers. In accordance with our marketing plan.
- Hire and train summer camp staff.
- Develop summer camp staff training to meet State, ACA and YMCA standards.
- Actively market and promote Camp Woodstock.
- Responsible for hosting and development of (2) family camps and (1) winter camper reunion.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous and professional service to Woodstock families and always building and maintaining professional relationships with community partners.
- Support and contribute to a safe, clean camp environment for staff and guests.
- Look to maintain and grow partnerships and collaborations with organizations with similar values and goals as Camp Woodstock.
- Look to future program growth and development in summer camp.
Apply by: November 4 2019
Camp/Organization: YMCA Camp Woodstock (ACA Accredited)
Location: Woodstock CT
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: $35,000 - $40,000
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience in camp, outdoor center, environmental education, recreation and/or ropes course programming
- Experience in developing and implementing a variety of youth, and/or family programs preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Creativity, excellent organizational skills, willing to be a team player.
- Experience in hiring and leading staff training and development.
- Experience in resident summer camp programming.
- Experience in developing and implementing a variety of youth, and/or family programs.
- Experience in oral and written communication and marketing.
- Experience living at a summer camp year round facility.
Our Mission & Values Our aim is to provide skilled leadership and facilities and equipment that are clean, attractive and safe, which afford individuals and groups the opportunity to act in situations that are physically wholesome, mentally stimulating, and socially and spiritually sound. THE C.H.o.R.R VALUES At Camp Woodstock, we strive to embody the following core values of the YMCA which are the cornerstone of what we teach our campers. From the first day these values are used to highlight expectations, encourage positive behaviors and cement meaning of the camp experience into the minds of campers.