Gundalow Company seeks a passionate, self-motivated, organized, summer camp counselor. Reporting to the Program Manager and Head Camp Counselor but collaborating with all staff and crew, this position helps to plan and run our growing camp both on the boat and on shore for kids ages 5-14. This is an exciting position with opportunities to design and implement your own program ideas.
- Help plan, manage and run growing summer camp program for youth ages 5-14 onboard the Gundalow and on shore
- Works closely with the Program Manager and head counselor to ensure a high quality camp program.
- Organize and lead a variety of small and large group activities each week.
- Activities may include crafts, songs, games, etc.
- Act as mentor to counselors-in-training and apprentices
TO APPLY: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis: Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to: email@example.com
Subject Line: Search Committee: Camp Counselor
Apply by: January 19 2018
Camp/Organization: Gundalow Company
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
- A strong environmental ethic, plenty of stamina, flexibility, and a positive attitude.
- Experience and willingness to work with youth
- Experience as a camp counselor, a background in sailing and marine science a plus
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Must be available mid-June to mid-August
- Good communication and organization skills
- Must have or be willing to get CPR/first aid Certification
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: The nonprofit Gundalow Company’s mission is to protect the Piscataqua region’s maritime heritage and environment through education and action. To fulfill our mission, we use a recently built, traditional, wooden gundalow as our floating/sailing classroom for school groups, River Rats Camp, Public sails and private charters.