The Wheeler School Summer Programs offers families a full summer of Camp programs for children ages 3 -15. Wheeler Summer’s philosophy is about giving campers an opportunity to be active in an outdoor environment, explore new things, have fun, build confidence, and make long lasting friendships!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supporting the mission, philosophy, and core values of Wheeler School and Wheeler Summer
• Planning, organizing and providing age-appropriate activities for campers
• Actively engaging and interacting with all campers
• Assuring the safety of the campers at all times
• Actively building and maintaining positive relationships with camp families
• Communicating with administrators, co-counselors and all summer staff
• Supporting program specialists and specialty teachers
• Participating in and contributing to training and staff meetings
• Recommending ideas for improvement to the Camp Director
Apply by: April 2 2019
Camp/Organization: Wheeler Summer
Location: Seekonk, MA/Providence, RI
Type of Position: General Staff
The qualified candidate must be physically able to participate in activities with the campers and be able to make informed and sound judgments, particularly with regard to safety, under a variety of circumstances. Must possess excellent communication skills, be resourceful, and be capable of working with minimal supervision. Must, at all times, demonstrate a high degree of professionalism when working with and around children and adults. Wheeler seeks candidates who will add to the racial, cultural, and gender diversity of our school community. Wheeler School is an equal opportunity employer.
A minimum of 2 year’s relevant work experience with camp age children is required. All staff must be a minimum of 18 years old by June 1st and have graduated High School. Preference given to candidates possessing or working toward a degree in Elementary Education or Early Childhood Development.