Camp Skylemar, long considered to be one of the finest camps in the country, is in search of college students to teach, coach and mentor kids this summer.
- Sports: lacrosse, basketball, baseball, tennis, golf, hockey, archery, football, soccer & volleyball.
- Water Sports: swimming, canoeing, kayaking, paddle-boarding, sailing, water-skiing, wake-boarding, wake-surfing, water-polo & fishing.
Our staff are involved with many special events plus day and overnight trips. In addition to providing instructional leadership in one or more activities throughout the day, a counselor serves as “big brother/sister”, friend, role-model, adviser and “hero”.
Skylemar is looking for individuals who are:
- Fun, energetic & creative.
- Enthusiastic about working with boys ages 7-16.
- A positive influence.
- Able to share our belief that nothing is more important than safety.
- Comfortable teaching all levels, from nervous to competitive.
- Supportive & kind.
Applicants must have completed at least one year of college. In addition to your salary, we cover housing, meals and transportation expenses. Internet access, staff shirts and a laundry service are also provided. Camp season runs from June 12 to August 10. Internship credit is available.
Camp Skylemar is a well-established (since 1948) recreational summer camp, located in the Lakes Region of southern Maine. Enrollment is limited to 160 boys from across the country as well as abroad, who attend for 7 weeks. Camp Skylemar has provided outstanding instruction, within a warm, nurturing, friendly and family atmosphere, for 69 years. If kids are fun to you, you will find that being a counselor at Skylemar is not only a great way to spend the summer, but perhaps the best job you’ll ever have. Additional information and online application located on our website www.skylemar.com/staff
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by: January 28 2018
Camp/Organization: Skylemar (ACA Accredited)
Location: Naples, ME
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: Salary starting at $2,100, plus travel reimbursement, housing, meals, internet, and laundry service.