Camp Washington is seeking a Sports Coordinator and Counselor for the summer of 2016, through August 21. Primary responsibilities include planning and implementing activities within the sports program area and supervising other counselors who teach within the sports area. The Sports Coordinator will also serve as a cabin counselor, working with a co-counselor to supervise a cabin of campers each week. The Sports Coordinator/Counselor must be at least 20 years of age and have experience in sports, games, and basic fitness. Previous supervisory experience is desirable.
Contracts for the summer of 2016 will run from June 24 – August 21. Camp Washington is a residential facility, and all staff are expected to live on camp property for the duration of the summer.
Apply by: June 28 2016
Camp/Organization: Camp Washington (ACA Accredited)
Location: Lakeside, CT
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $1700 - $2000
- Develop a written curriculum for program area activities.
- Schedule counselors in assigned program areas.
- Create and supervise evening programs and all day activities.
- Supervise counselors in program areas to ensure consistent and quality instruction.
- Be an active member of a cabin unit and assist with cabin activities.
- Conduct written evaluations of counselors on their performance in program areas.
- Inventory and maintain area equipment.
- Uphold and follow camp safety regulations and procedures.
- Significant experience in a sports related field is preferred.
- Previous experience is a supervisory capacity is a plus
- Previous experience with children and appropriate sequencing of athletic activities