Fessenden Day Camp Specialist
- Administer a safe, organized, active, meaningful, enriching, and fun sports program.
- Uphold all policies and philosophies of the Fessenden Day Camp.
- Teach staff their responsibilities in your activity area during staff training and throughout season.
- Guide campers, CITs, and coworkers in participating successfully and appropriately in all aspects of assigned specialty.
- Teach and monitor proper use of equipment.
- Formulate, plan, and lead age appropriate activities for each group in the assigned specialty.
- Set a good example for campers and coworkers in all areas, including but not limited to accountability, fairness, organization, cleanliness, punctuality, following the rules, and sportsmanship.
- Conduct initial and end-of-season inventory, and store equipment for protection and safety.
- Conduct daily check of specialty area and equipment for cleanliness and safety concerns.
- Participate in and assist in running camp events and initiatives.
- Available 8:45am-4:00pm, Monday – Friday for the entire camp season (all 8 weeks).
- Prepare for, attend, and actively participate in training and meetings before and during camp season.
- Communicate and work with groups and provide necessary instruction to campers.
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Meet/communicate regularly with direct superior (administrator) regarding concerns, updates, challenges, and successes.
- Ability to communicate with parents about their child when necessary and appropriate.
- High activity which may include dancing, running, swimming, and jumping.
- Occasional lifting, bending, and climbing stairs.
- Frequent talking, listening, walking, sitting, and standing.
Apply by: May 26 2017
Camp/Organization: Fessenden Day Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: West Newton, MA
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Demonstrated experience working with and leading children preferably in sports and physically active programs.
- Must possess the visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to camp activity.
- Be able to lead and fully participate in the assigned specialty.
- Pass a MA State run background check including a CORI and SORI.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Training/certification and/or experience in your assigned specialty.
- Demonstrated experience working with and leading children preferably in assigned specialty.
- Desire and ability to supervise, lead, and positively manage campers and work with other staff in a cooperative, team-oriented camp atmosphere.
- Knowledge and skills in your assigned area and the ability to teach these skills to campers of all ages and staff.
- Possess excellent character, integrity, adaptability, patience, self-control, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor.