Employee is responsible for a wide variety of maintenance and janitorial duties at Wasserman Park and the Naticook Summer Day Camp program. Employee of this classification will be required to operate and maintain various equipment used in the construction and maintenance of park buildings and facilities. Manual labor tasks incidental to all operations required. Work will be performed in various climatic conditions. The work will generally be performed outside of buildings. Proper physical conditioning for job performance required. Heavy lifting may be required.
Work assignment will be received from the Parks & Recreation Director, but must be accomplished with minimal supervision. All work will be reviewed for completion, safety and equipment operation.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Performs maintenance tasks within Wasserman Park, including mowing, painting, cleaning, repairs etc…
- Thorough cleaning of restrooms and repair as needed. I.e. unclog drains and toilets
- Performs minor repairs on equipment and buildings
- Helps with loading and stacking of supplies.
- Cleans cabins and park buildings on a routine basis.
- Pick up trash around the park as needed
- Performs other related duties as required
Apply by: January 2 2017
Camp/Organization: Merrimack Parks & Recreation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Maintenance/support Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $11.56 - 13.98/hr
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a clean driving record
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge’s, skills and abilities.
- Good knowledge of safety precautions and standards
- Good knowledge of the operation of light and heavy equipment
- Ability to operate equipment safely
- Ability to work with the general public.
- Carpentry skills a plus.
Please visit http://www.merrimacknh.gov/positionopenings or the Town of Merrimack Human Resource Office located at 6 Baboosic Lake Road, Merrimack, NH, 03054 to view a complete job description and to obtain a Town application. To apply, submit your Town application and a copy of your certification cards to the above address. No email please. Position is open until filled. EOE For questions about the position, please contact Parks & Recreation Director Matt Casparius at 603-882-1046. Position is open until filled