Office Manager for Camp Avoda in Middleboro, MA
Camp Avoda seeks a hard-working, organized, and professional Office Manager to assist the Directors in running the Camp Avoda Main Office during the summer. The Office Manager will work at Avoda from June 12 – August 18, 2017. This is a seasonal position.
The Office Manager will support the Administration of Camp Avoda, which includes the Executive Director, Director, Assistant Director, and Head Counselor. The Office Manager will report to and work closely with the executive Director and in a team atmosphere with all Avoda staff.
The main responsibility of Office Manager is to help the Administration in any way possible, help run the main office. Camp Avoda maintains a well regarded and highly successful summer camp.
The Office Manager’s responsibilities include the following:
- Set up camp office at onset of summer; pack up office at end of season
- Equipment tracking, inventory; order supplies as needed
- Answer phones and take detailed messages
- Talk to parents, vendors, and other customers
- Sort incoming and outgoing mail
- Help with large scale mailings
- Ad hoc office requests
- Experience in office procedures (i.e. filing, answering phones, photocopying, meeting public, etc…)
- Ability to use computer: Word, Excel, Databases
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision
- Good character, integrity, and adaptability
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
- Desire and ability to work in a camp setting
- Current CPR and first aid certifications preferred
- 1 year of college or 18 years old
Compensation for this position will be competitive and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities of the person selected.
Procedures for Candidacy
Confidential inquiries, recommendations of possible candidates and questions concerning the search may be directed to:
Ken Shifman, Executive Director
Apply by: May 26 2017
Camp/Organization: Camp Avoda (ACA Accredited)
Location: Middleboro, MA
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
This position is a daily position and residence at camp is not required.