Under the direction of the Property Staff/Camp Director assist in the cleaning, maintenance, and repair of the camp’s buildings, grounds, equipment and other facilities
Apply by: June 18 2018
Camp/Organization: Girl Scouts of CT Camp Laurel (ACA Accredited)
Location: Lebanon, CT
Type of Position: Maintenance/support Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $300+ per week for 8-10 weeks
• 21 years or older
• Self-starter and organized.
• Ability to accept guidance, direction and supervision.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and work with a diverse group of staff and campers (background/abilities) to encourage full participation in Girl Scouts
• Ability to work with others. Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards of the site and facilities and camper and staff behavior.
• Fulfill job requirements which may require long hours, evenings and weekends
• Able to operate golf cart and pug
• Ability to lift and carry 90 pounds.
• Able to climb ladder
All around fix it, repair it person! Be part of the camp team that keeps us up and running! below is a list of what he position entails.
• Maintain cleanliness of all structures, units, and exterior of camp grounds
• Maintain all lighting fixtures
• Stock fire wood in units for campers
• Perform landscaping duties as needed to provide a clean exterior at all times
• Ensure the dining hall is kept clean including sweeping and mopping, washing down restrooms, restocking paper supplies, trash removal etc
• Be aware and report hazards found on camp grounds.
• Complete work orders assigned by Maintainer, return necessary paper work in a timely manner
• Report and repair minor repairs as necessary • Perform all janitorial tasks at the camp including cleaning of restrooms, shower house, all buildings, sweeping mopping, windows, vacuuming, restocking paper and cleaning supplies when necessary
• Pick up and dispose of all trash at assigned areas of the camp. Manage recycling
Not required to live on site. Can be somewhat flexible in hours. Perfect for the person who works 2nd or 3rd shift and is looking for a seasonal part time job.