A Facilitator for the Belmont Day School Ropes Program will be responsible for creating and executing curriculum to safely guide a group of campers through team building activities and ropes elements. The facilitator will use the Belmont Day School course to provide an opportunity for individuals and groups to recognize and reach their potential in support of our core values – joy, responsibility, caring, respect, excellence and honesty. Our facilitator is also responsible for directing group staff to work in support of the ropes program. This will include promoting self confidence, positive group dynamics, and the expansion of their problem solving abilities. Seasonal position.
Apply by: May 31 2015
Camp/Organization: Belmont Day School Summer Discoveries (ACA Accredited)
Location: Belmont, MA
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Prior experience in Challenge/Ropes Course Facilitation preferred.
- Completion of Challenge Course Facilitation training or ability to complete before the start of camp required.
- Background and understanding of experiential learning process.
- Prior experience working with youth ages 7 to 14 desirable.
- Experience with low and high ropes course elements desired.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds and comfortable working at heights of 35 to 40 feet.