This is the summer you could have a life-changing impact on hundreds of girls, helping them build courage, confidence and character while building life skills! If you have experience leading outdoor camp programs, this could be the opportunity for you. We’re looking for a camp director who is excited to build a leadership team to provide a summer of fun, innovative, camper-led activities. The successful candidate will be at least 25 years old, have experience managing seasonal staff members in an outdoor setting, a bachelor’s degree or significant relevant experience, strong communication and excellent team building skills. Staff members live on-site at the camp. Knowledge of the Girl Scout program is a plus. Visit gscwm.org to access the camp staff application. Submit cover letter and resume. AA/EOE
Apply by: May 18 2019
Camp/Organization: Camp Green Eyrie/Girl Scouts of Central & Western MA (ACA Accredited)
Location: Harvard, MA
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Valid driver's license.
- Clean criminal history background as verified through CORI and SORI checks.
- Valid driver’s license, access to reliable transportation, and proof of insurance.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) HEADS UP to Youth Sports Online Training.
- Wilderness trip or aquatic experience/certification is a plus
The successful candidate will be at least 25 years old, have experience managing seasonal staff members in an outdoor setting.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience required.
- 2 years of youth group leadership experience including program planning, scheduling, implementation, and oversight.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Bilingual skills an asset – (e.g. Spanish).
- Strong human relation skills; ability to motivate people in small and large group settings.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with customers/members and the public, providing prompt and courteous customer service to all customers in person, via phone, written note, and email.
- Strong preference to be at least 25 years of age.
- Willingness and ability to live at camp for the season.
- Knowledge of general outdoor and program operational safety considerations and procedures.
Visit gscwm.org to access the camp staff application. Submit cover letter and resume. AA/EOE
301 Kelly Way
Holyoke, Massachusetts 01040