Camp Grotonwood is currently seeking caring, fun-loving, and team-oriented nurses for our summer season. School Nurses, Family Nurse Practitioners, Traveling Nurses and RNs wanted.
Our nurses are responsible for: Camper Health Screening and record keeping, Medication Administration, General Health & Safety, First-Aid & Emergency Treatment as well as overseeing the heath and wellbeing of our 50+ summer staff and promoting health awareness, keep an accurate record of all incidents/accidents in a daily log, record and fill out accident form when necessary.
The role of a camp nurse at Grotonwood also includes some good old fashioned TLC. It’s definitely not a traditional working environment; it’s being a motherly or fatherly figure, a mental health advocate, a calm voice in a fast-paced environment, and a committed professional 24/7.
We have a great support system and caring leadership that will set you up for success. In many ways, this is not just a job; a summer at camp Grotonwood is like no other experience, you are joining a Christ centered family and a loving community.
Kindly note, this is a temporary summer position. Our dates for 2019 are June 14th - August 17th. Ideally, you will be with us for the entire time, however, we can be flexible.
Compensation: includes salary, room and board, laundry, wifi, MA license reimbursement and time off to enjoy all the facilities that Camp Grotonwood has to offer including mountain biking, use of the lakefront, beautiful trails and boating. PLUS, free Day Camp tuition and heavily discounted rates for Sleepaway camp.
Accommodation: Our Camp Nurses work and live in our modern Health Center facility which is located in the center of camp and staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with a minimum of two nurses and a clinical administrator (M-F 9am-5pm)
Our facility offers heat, a/c and wifi, as well as private accommodation.
Perks: Nurses with camp-aged children are eligible for a substantial day camp tuition scholarship (value of $2800) and a 50% discount on all sleep away sessions. Nurses also have exclusive access to a Golf Cart for travelling around the camp grounds in order to administer necessary First Aid and/or medication.
Our nurses are encouraged to be a vital part of our Camp Family and immerse themselves in the camp culture for a rewarding summer job experience.
Who we are: Camp Grotonwood is owned and operated by The American Baptist Churches of Massachusetts, we are a co-ed eight-week day camp and sleep-away camp in Massachusetts for children ages 5-17 and adults with disabilities aged 18-90.
We are nestled on over 250 acres of beautiful woodlands and have modern cabin and dormitory style facilities, with access to a waterfront and a private beach. At Camp Grotonwood, we provide a well-rounded Christian experience for our campers and staff in a nurturing, safe environment with endless opportunities for them to try new things and feel great about themselves!
We attract down-to-earth, friendly and spirited campers, families and christian staff. We hire 50 counselors and support staff from over 10 countries and all across the USA. When you work at Camp Grotonwood, you make a real difference in camper’s lives, give us a try!
Apply by: May 14 2019
Camp/Organization: Grotonwood Camp & Conference Center
Location: Groton, MA
Type of Position: Health Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $800-$1000 Commensurate with experience
- Current registration as a Nurse under the Massachusetts Board of Registration required. Must have an MA nursing license or be able to obtain one before camping season begins in June, 2019.
- First Aid and CPR Certified.
- C.O.R.I. and S.O.R.I. Check Required.
- Communicate effectively in English (orally and in writing).
- Ability to effectively interact with children of various ages, as well as adults with a variety disabilities.
- Ability to participate in a variety of activities, including swimming, sports and off-site trips if required.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments within the camp.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet standards and expectations of the camp leadership.
- Resolves conflicts and service issues in a timely and respectful manner and report outcomes to leadership.
- Ability to actively demonstrate a commitment to Christ, or, be willing to adhere, work and live in an environment that fosters these values.
Age based Competencies: Employees must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Day Camp Youth: ages 5-14, Sleepaway Youth ages 7-17, Adults with Disabilities ages 18-90.
Physical Nature of the Job: Job is moderately physical. Employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift and be able to navigate hills, uneven terrain and work in hot and humid environments for short periods of time.
Supervision: The Nurse Coordinator and Program Director will provide medical supervision. Start Date: July 14th, 2019 End Date: August 17th, 2019
Camp Grotonwood is hiring hard-working, confident Nurses (including nurse practitioners!) who wish to combine their love for the Lord whilst working with children (ages 5-17) and adults with a variety of disabilities and learning disorders (ages 18-90).
Candidates must have a flexible approach to working in a busy and ever changing environment and be a team player. Experience working in a camp environment is desirable but not essential.
Ideally, you will be able to to join our camp family for the full 9 weeks of summer. However, if need be we can be flexible.