The Resident Camp Health Specialist is responsible for administering a complete camp health and safety program consistent with the philosophy of Girl Scouting and compliant with all applicable health and safety standards, including “Safety Checkpoints”, American Camp Association (ACA), federal and local regulations, and GSCWM policies and procedures.
Apply by: May 7 2019
Camp/Organization: Camp Bonnie Brae / Girl Scouts of Central and Western Massachusetts (ACA Accredited)
Location: East Otis, MA
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Clean criminal history background as verified through CORI and SORI checks.
- Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Licensed Practical Nurse, Emergency Medical Technician, or Wilderness First Responder
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) HEADS UP to Youth Sports Online Training.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma required. Registered nurse preferred. Nurse practitioner, EMT, Wilderness First Responder, LPN also acceptable.
- Working knowledge and experience in medication dispersal, OSHA Blood Borne Pathogens standards, and other standard health & safety practices.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and manage potential health and safety hazards in a camp environment.
- Ability and experience providing direction, instruction, and training regarding medications, treatment, and protocol.
- Ability to respond quickly and with sound judgment in emergency situations.
- Teaching skills, including patience, sensitivity, and basic understanding of child development.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Bilingual skills an asset – (e.g. Spanish).
- Experience keeping accurate records of treatment, medication dispersal, and incidents.
- Strong human relation skills and composure to manage people and medical needs in emergency situations. Knowledge of Massachusetts Department of Health regulations and American Camp Association (ACA) guidelines preferred.
- Strong preference for the Health Specialist to live at camp for the season.
- Ability to work irregular hours.
301 KELLY WAY
Holyoke, Massachusetts 01040