Spend your summer in Maine!
Alford Lake Camp is seeking qualified RN/NP's for the summer of 2017!
Our nurses are an integral part of our community and a sense of humor is essential! This resident position is fast paced, exciting and fun and if applicable may include tuition for a summer experience for a child or grandchild.
Our residential girls camp, 111 years old this summer making us one of the oldest girls camps in the world, is located in Mid-coast Maine about 15 miles west of Camden. We are a community of approximately 350+/- including staff and campers.
The camp nurse duties will consist of but may not be limited to:
- Opening and organizing the Infirmary
- Going over all health files prior to camper arrivals
- Keeping daily health logs and documentation
- Performing routine health checks on campers and staff
- Administering daily medications
- Overseeing camper and staff health and wellness throughout the summer
- Preparing first aid kits and medications for wilderness trips
- Responding to emergencies
- Parent communication when necessary
- Transporting campers/staff to medical appointments
- Working closely with the camp pediatrician and directors
- Solid communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Community minded
- Sense of humor
- Love of working with children and young adults
- Team player
Apply by: April 29 2017
Camp/Organization: Alford Lake Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Hope, ME
Type of Position: Health Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $3000 - $8000 depending on contract length and any tuition earned
- Must hold valid Licensure in the state of Maine or apply for a Maine License.
- Having worked with children is a must whether in your nursing career or in other experiences.
- Triage skills and a strong sense of intuition and an ability to work with peers.
Pediatric or ER experience. General health.
We have a community of 350+/-, 100 of which are staff. ALC has a caring, fun, dedicated family atmosphere where safety and the individual matters!