The Town of Merrimack Parks & Recreation Department is now accepting applications for the newly created Part-Time position of Recreation Program Coordinator.
The Recreation Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the development of a diverse year-round recreation program including summer Camps. This will include planning, organizing, implementing, supervising, and evaluating activities and events to meet the needs of the community.
Work Schedule: The normal work schedule is 25 hours per week, Monday through Friday with some nights, weekends and holiday required. Since the demands of the job can vary by season there is some flexibility in the schedule.
Works under the general supervision of the Director of Parks & Recreation who outlines general policies, assign duties and review work for conformance with required standards; performs regular duties on own initiative, exercising a high degree of judgment and tact.
Will assist the Director in the supervision of all Seasonal employees.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Plans, schedules, implements, and evaluates year-round activities and events for the department. Develops new recreational activities to meet the needs of the community, while enhancing existing programs.
- Assists the Director of Parks & Recreation with recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of staff and volunteers for department programs, activities and special events.
- Monitors conditions, needs, and trends affecting recreation programs and facilities. Attends meetings and conferences required to keep up with trends. Meets with community groups to gather ideas and discuss plans.
- Creates program records such as contracts, schedules and payroll documentation to ensure they are accurate, up-to-date, and properly filed.
- Coordinates and reserves all indoor and outdoor facility space for department programs, activities, and special events; helps prioritize field space and building use.
- Coordinates advertising and marketing for department programs and events including press releases, social media outreach, department email lists and program guides.
- Maintains office coverage to handle registrations, inquiries, requests, and complaints from the public regarding recreation programs and facilities bookings.
- Carries out customer service related activities including answering questions through phone, email and contacts through social media.
- Helps customers navigate online registration system as needed.
- Maintains program and participation records, and other associated records and documents to monitor program effectiveness.
- Responsible for developing and ordering supplies for assigned programs while following approved program budget.
- Assists in preparing the department annual budget and recommends program expenditures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
*There is a possibility that this position will become Full Time with benefits starting in July pending budget approval in April.
Apply by: January 31 2017
Camp/Organization: Merrimack Parks & Recreation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: The starting wage for this position is $17.40/hr., with a wage increase up to 5% upon successful completion of 6 month trial period.
- Knowledge of modern recreation practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Knowledge of and/or ability to learn computer use to include Microsoft Office applications, Rec Desk registration software, website/social media updates and general internet research capabilities.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Certification in CPR/AED and Standard First Aid or willing to obtain.
- Duties require knowledge of recreation program and event planning equivalent to 1 to 3 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate will undergo a complete background check including reference checks, criminal and driving record checks prior to final offer of employment. Please visit http://www.merrimacknh.gov/positionopenings, click on the position title above or stop by the Town of Merrimack Human Resource Office located at 6 Baboosic Lake Road, Merrimack, NH, 03054 to view a complete job description. To apply, submit your resume, cover letter, and Town application to the above address no later than Wednesday, December 14, 2016, at 4:00pm. No email please. EOE