Camp Beech Cliff (CBC) welcomes qualified applicants for the Junior Maine Guide (JMG) Program Head position for our premier traditional outdoor education day camp. With 50 acres of woods bordering Acadia National Park and extensive waterfront on Echo Lake, summers at CBC are all about having new experiences, making lasting friendships, and exploring the great outdoors.
JMG Program Head duties include (but not limited to):
• Plan logistics to execute established JMG curriculum (i.e. shelter building, fire starting, campfire cooking, basic first aid, fishing, tree identification, canoeing, and more)
• Provide engaging instruction of wilderness and bush-craft skills for campers grades 4th – 11th
• Respond to individual camper needs (i.e. behavioral, social/emotional, disciplinary)
• Facilitate weekly group dynamics to ensure a safe and fun experience for all campers
• Orchestrate two Thursday overnight campouts during the summer
• Work with a team of leaders to maintain overall quality of camper (ages 5-15 yrs) experience.
Apply by: April 30 2016
Camp/Organization: Camp Beech Cliff (ACA Accredited)
Location: Mount Desert, ME
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: Weekly salary range: $450 - $550 (DOE)
21 years of age, enthusiasm for kids, personal initiative, organized, clear and honest communication skills, clean driving record, and ability to work with children of all backgrounds. Availability Mid June – end of August.
Two years of direct experience leading wilderness activities for youth; lifeguard certification (we will train). JMG alum preferred!
Possible housing available.