Irons Homestead, a year-round retreat, is offering "Forest Day Camp" for the first time in addition to its overnight programming, and is looking for an experienced Camp Pro who is eager to create a space and experience that enriches society by helping children know they are valuable, just the way they are. This program will also teach children & adults an appreciation of their role in being a part of nature.
The Program Director is responsible for planning and delivering quality programming and events for camps and rental groups. This involves hiring, training and supervising staff and volunteers.
Part-time March - May 2018, work on and off-site for an average of 10 hrs/week.
Full-time June 1 - August 17, 2018, work 40 hrs/week on-site.
Apply by: April 30 2018
Camp/Organization: Irons Homestead (ACA Accredited)
Location: Glocester, RI
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
• Ability to communicate and work with diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of society.
• Ability to effectively provide necessary instruction to participants and staff.
• Ability to observe camper & staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
• Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
• Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
• Experience in administrative roles at similar camp
• Experience in the development and delivery of programs and activities for similar population.
• Current instructional certification in program or related experience.
• Current certification in first aid and CPR.
• Desire and ability to work with children & adults outdoors.
• At least 21 years of age.
Request full job description and/or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.