The Program Director of Horizons Day Camp is a part-year position with opportunities to fulfill additional duties to be a full-time employee of The Aloha Foundation. The Program Director is responsible for operating Horizons at the highest level of quality and safety, and in accordance with Aloha principles, traditions and history. The primary responsibility of the Horizons Day Camp Program Director is to recruit and enroll campers for each of Horizons sessions (3; 2-week and 2; 1-week sessions) and to hire and train a talented and motivated staff.
Apply by: December 12 2017
Camp/Organization: HORIZONS DAY CAMP - The Aloha Foundation, Inc. (ACA Accredited)
Location: Fairlee, Vermont
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: Competitive salary equivalent to 29 weeks per year of employment. Part-year, non-benefited position. Candidates interested in full-time, benefited employment may be accommodated with additional program duties in The Hulbert Outdoor Center, the year-round program of The Aloha Foundation.
- Three or more years leadership experience in camping or related educational settings and/or five or more years involvement/experience in youth programming
- Undergraduate or related educational experiences in education and related fields
- Ability to commute as needed to The Aloha Foundation Business Office in Fairlee, VT
- Ability to live in residence at Horizons Day Camp from mid-June to mid-August
- supervision of daily summer operations (M-F; 8 am-5 pm)
- weekend programming and other activities; design and management of staff orientation and training
- management of yearly budget
- imaginative development of additional program opportunities
- nurturance of community, school and constituent relationships
- participation in fundraising and development opportunities
- communication and publicity
Competitive salary equivalent to 29 weeks per year of employment. Part-year, non-benefited position. Candidates interested in full-time, benefited employment may be accommodated with additional program duties in The Hulbert Outdoor Center, the year-round program of The Aloha Foundation. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with the review process beginning October 15th, 2017. Send cover letter and resume as PDF files to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, please save as a single file, with your_name as the file name. Please be sure to include the names and email addresses of three professional references.