Employment dates approximately June 18, 2020 - August 23, 2020. Please apply early, positions are filled on a rolling basis.
Camp Quinebarge is a traditional, overnight boys and girls summer camp lying on 70 acres of forest and over 1,200 feet of lakefront on Lake Kanasatka in Moultonborough, NH. Since 1936, Camp Quinebarge has fostered an environment for children to learn about themselves and the world around them, try new activities and learn new skills, have fun, and make friendships that last a lifetime.
A member of the Senior Staff Leadership Team, the purpose of the Program Director(s) is to further the mission of the camp through the planning and delivery of program activities and events; design and deliver program activities that are safe, fun, and appropriate to the campers’ age and abilities; and assist in the management of the overall camp operation at the direction of the camp director.
Program Director Job Functions
- Deliver a fun program to campers and CITs.
- Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures during
- Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in all program areas.
- Supervise and evaluate activity counselors to develop and implement all facets of camp program activities.
- Develop and implement schedules and records for all areas of camp program and facilities.
- Assist with the implementation of the CIT Leadership Program.
- Responsible for all scheduling, including helping campers select and sign up for their activities
weekly and posting/distributing schedules weekly. This includes coordinating with the
Waterfront Director on swim times.
- Responsible for scheduling, organizing and executing Evening Activities, Camp Fires, Nightly
Cabin Sleep Outs, Candle Pass subjects, Special Activities, Color Wars, Monkeytown ....
- Ensure daily activities are well-run, staff are engaged with the campers, activity areas are
cleaned daily or hourly, activities are running on time and implementing the agreed upon
- Schedule staff days off, ensuring activities and cabins maintain adequate coverage.
- Should be constantly visiting each activity area (hourly) and providing feedback, supervision and mentoring to the staff ensuring a smooth operation.
- Meet with activity staff weekly to discuss and agree to the next week's schedule (arts and crafts projects, horseback riding trail days, field sports, etc.).
- Assist cabin staff with issues they may be facing with campers or themselves.
- Ensure each camper is having a positive experience, making friends and adjusting well to
overnight camp life.
- Manage any disciplinary issues facing campers or staff.
- Manage daily cabin inspection.
- Meet with staff (weekly, bi weekly) to provide feedback and review staff performance, strengths
and areas for improvement.
Equipment used includes activity equipment including sports, crafts, and waterfront equipment; office supplies and equipment including a computer; a digital camera; and other equipment as the need arises.
Other Job Duties:
- Attend administrative staff meetings.
- Maintain clear and positive written and verbal communication with all camp staff.
- Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, providing support and guidance to those
assigned as leaders.
- Participate as a member of the camp staff team to deliver and supervise evening programs,
special events, overnights, and other all-camp activities and camp functions.
- Provide ongoing program ideas to counseling and activity area staff.
- Assist with evening Admin Duty.
Apply by: February 29 2020
Camp/Organization: Camp Quinebarge (ACA Accredited)
Location: Moultonborough, New Hampshire
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
Being a camp counselor at Camp Quinebarge is an incredibly fun and rewarding experience for someone who enjoys children and helping them grow and is a summer you will remember forever. It is also physically and emotionally demanding and not for everyone. Please consider both before applying.
Qualifications and Abilities
- Experience in an administrative or supervisory role in a similar environment
- Experience in the development and delivery of programs and activities for similar population.
- Able to perform physical aspects of the position, including:
- Work long hours in an active camp program
- Identify and respond to environmental and other hazards
- Respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid, and assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury).
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
- 21+ with valid Driver’s License and clean driving record preferred.
- Meets state, federal, and ACA requirements for summer camp employment. Must pass a background check and provide other forms and details.
- Min. 2 year of college/university or completion of the Quinebarge CIT Leadership Program.
- Current certification in CPR and/or First Aid. This may be acquired onsite during staff training.
- Other certifications a plus (High Ropes/Wall, Lifeguard, Wilderness First Aid).
- Desire to work with and inspire children in a summer camp environment.
Camp Quinebarge offers a competitive salary, room and board, leadership and other training, weekly laundry, camp t-shirts, and the opportunity to participate in trips and onsite events. Staff are eligible for performance bonuses. The Admin will receive one 12-hour day off during Traditions training week, and one 24-hour day off during camper weeks 2-7. There are no days off during camper weeks 1 or 8. Staff will also have one evening off per week, except during camper week 8.