Camp Quinebarge is a traditional, summer, overnight boys and girls summer camp lying on 65 acres of forest and over 1,200 feet of lakefront on Lake Kanasatka in Moultonborough, NH. Since 1936, Camp Quinebarge has fostered an environment for children to learn about themselves and the world around them, try new activities and learn new skills, and make friendships that last a lifetime.
A member of the Senior Staff Leadership Team, the purpose of the Program Director(s) is to further the mission of the camp through the planning and delivery of program activities and events; design and deliver program activities that are safe, fun, and appropriate to the campers’ age and abilities; and assist in the management of the overall camp operation at the direction of the camp director.
Essential Job Functions:
- Deliver a fun program to campers and CITs
- Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures during camp programs.
- Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in all program areas.
- Supervise and evaluate activity counselors to develop and implement all facets of camp program activities
- Develop and implement schedules and records for all areas of camp program and facilities.
- Assist with the implementation of the CIT Leadership Program.
- Responsible for all scheduling, including helping campers select and sign up for their activities weekly and posting/distributing schedules weekly. This includes coordinating with the Waterfront Director on swim times.
- Responsible for scheduling, organizing and executing Evening Activities, Camp Fires, Nightly Cabin Sleep Outs, Candle Pass subjects, Special Activities, Color Wars, Monkeytown ....
- Ensure daily activities are well-run, staff are engaged with the campers, activity areas are cleaned daily or hourly, activities are running on time and implementing the agreed upon activities.
- Scheduling staff days off, ensuring activities and cabins maintain adequate coverage
- Should be constantly visiting each activity area (hourly) and providing feedback, supervision and mentoring to the staff ensuring a smooth operation
- Meets with activity staff weekly to discuss and agree to the next week's schedule (arts and crafts projects, horseback riding trail days, field sports, etc.)
- Assisting cabin staff with issues they may be facing with campers or themselves
- Ensure each camper is having a positive experience, making friends and adjusting well to overnight camp life
- Manage any disciplinary issues facing campers or staff
- Manage daily cabin inspection
- Meet with staff (weekly, bi weekly) to provide feedback and review staff performance, strengths and areas for improvement.
Equipment used includes activity equipments including sports, crafts, and waterfront equipment; office supplies and equipment including a computer; digital camera; and other equipment as the need arises.
Other Job Duties:
- Attend administrative staff meetings.
- Maintain clear and positive written and verbal communication with all camp staff.
- Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, providing support and guidance to those assigned as leaders.
- Participate as a member of the camp staff team to deliver and supervise evening programs, special events, overnights, and other all-camp activities and camp functions.
- Provide ongoing program ideas to counseling and activity area staff.
- Assist with evening Admin Duty.
Salary and Benefits
Camp Quinebarge offers a competitive salary, room and board, leadership and other training, weekly laundry, free camper tuition, camp t-shirts and the opportunity to participate in All-Camp Trips and onsite events. Staff are eligible for performance bonuses. Staff members receive an hour off daily and a day off each week.
How to apply
To apply for this or other positions at Camp Quinebarge, please visit www.campquinebarge.com, or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application period will remain open until the position is filled.
Being a staff member at Camp Quinebarge is an incredibly fun and rewarding experience for someone who enjoys children and helping them grow and is a summer you will remember forever. It is also physically and emotionally demanding and not for everyone. Please consider both before applying. C
amp Quinebarge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a member of the New Hampshire Camp Director’s Association, and accredited by the American Camp Association.
Apply by: May 31 2018
Camp/Organization: Camp Quinebarge (ACA Accredited)
Location: Moultonborough, NH
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Experience in an administrative or supervisory role in a similar environment
- Experience in the development and delivery of programs and activities for similar population.
- Able to perform physical aspects of the position, including:
- Working long hours in an active camp program
- Identify and respond to environmental and other hazards
- Respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid, and assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury).
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of camper
- 21 years of age as of the start of employment and eligible for work in the United States
- Valid Driver’s License
- Meets state, federal, and ACA requirements for summer camp employment. Must pass a background check and provide other forms and details.
- Min. 1 year of college/university or completion of the Quinebarge CIT Leadership Program
- Certification in First Aid and CPR, at a minimum. These may be obtained onsite during staff training.
- Other certifications a plus (High Ropes/Wall, Wilderness First Aid)
- Desire to work with and inspire children in a summer camp environment.
Position runs from approximately June 16 to August 19, 2018. Please contact Co-Directors Liz Schwartzer and Nick Hercules for more details.