Camp Beech Cliff is seeking a senior level administrative seasonal staff for our traditional outdoor education day camp.
Program Director responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Assist in designing and leading staff training
- Assist camp director with ACA re-accreditation process for summer 2016
- Supervise and support a variety of day camp programs and program head counselors (Archery, Arts & Crafts, Boating, Challenge Course, Nature/ Outdoor Skills, Performing Arts, Pottery, Sports & Games, and Swimming)
- Requires coaching different teaching styles, tracking the program budget, improving flow of camp
- Act as a liaison between staff and administration, conduct staff meetings, and identify necessary continued staff training
- Maintain positive professional relationships with all summer staff
- Work as a member of the leadership team to maintain the quality of all camper (ages 5-15 yrs) experiences.
Apply by: December 22 2015
Camp/Organization: Camp Beech Cliff (ACA Accredited)
Location: Mount Desert, ME
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: Weekly salary range: $500 – $600 (DOE). Possible housing.
- Enthusiasm for camp and youth
- Clear and honest communication skills
- Clean driving record
- Ability to supervise
- BA Degree with significant camp experience preferred.
- Commitment early/mid-May (depending on availability) through end of August.
BA Degree with significant supervisor and camp experience