Camp Beech Cliff is seeking a senior level administrative seasonal staff for our traditional outdoor education day camp. Program Director responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Assist in designing and leading staff training
• Assist camp director with adhering to ACA standards
• Supervise and support a variety of day camp programs and program head counselors (Archery, Arts & Crafts, Boating, Challenge Course, Nature/ Outdoor Skills, Performing Arts, Pottery, Sports & Games, and Swimming); requires coaching different teaching styles, conducting formal staff evaluations, tracking the program budget, and improving the flow of camp
• Act as a liaison between staff and administration, conduct staff meetings, and identify and assist with necessary continued staff training
• Maintain positive professional relationships with all summer staff
• Work as a member of the leadership team to maintain the quality of all camper (ages 5-15 yrs) experiences.
Apply by: February 13 2018
Camp/Organization: Camp Beech Cliff (ACA Accredited)
Location: Mount Desert, Maine
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: Weekly salary range: $500 – $600 (DOE)
Enthusiasm for camp and youth, clear and honest communication skills, clean driving record, ability to supervise. BA Degree with significant camp experience preferred. Early/mid-May (depending on availability) through end of August. Possible per diem work in the fall.