To organize, direct and coordinate the challenge program of the camp and for other council programs on the site.
- Assumes total responsibility for the challenge course program.
- Enforces measures for challenge course safety for every person in camp, including staff.
- Helps coordinate challenge course schedule with other programs in camp.
- Teaches and assists with in service training for staff.
- Supervises belayers and challenge course facilitators.
- Assists in the care of all challenge course equipment.
- Prepares rainy day activities for continuing challenge course program on those days.
- Helps in the formulation of a progression of skills in all challenge course areas.
- Assists with reports, inventories, records and other paperwork as requested.
- Assists with opening and closing of camp.
- Assists with pre-camp training.
- Familiar with and sees that American Camping Association Standards, ACCT Standards and Girl Scout Activity Checkpoints are maintained.
- All other duties as assigned
Apply by: July 1 2017
Camp/Organization: Camp Wind-in-the-Pines/Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (ACA Accredited)
Location: Plymouth, MA
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Skills and Qualifications:
- Current First Aid and CPR.
- Experience of 200 hours working on the challenge course.
- Have taken a Level 2 training which covers rescue techniques and edge climbing.
- Previous camp experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience treating and dealing with children in a professional manner.
- Acceptance of all people and ability to effectively relate to and communicate with a broad spectrum of campers and adults representing a variety of backgrounds and socio-economic conditions.
- Should possess initiative, resourcefulness, and have a common-sense approach to health situations that may arise.
- Knowledge of the Girl Scout program and a willingness to accept the beliefs and principles of the movement.
The physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk on varied terrain, play games with campers and talk or hear.
- Specific vision ability required by this job is the ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus. Ability to differentiate colors helpful.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds on a regular basis.
The work environment an employee is exposed to while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work may be indoors or outdoors and may be hot, humid, rainy or cool weather.
- Work will be during daytime with optional evening and overnight hours.