Under the general direction of Wildwood Program Manager, the Program Coordinator oversees unit counselors, assists in the creation of staff schedules, camp-wide attendance checks program supply requests and distribution, mail and email sorting and distribution.
- Assist with program development, planning and set-up
- Responsible for assisting to create weekly program and staff schedules with oversight from Wildwood Program Manager.
- Responsible for collecting and distributing counselor and program-area supply requests with oversight from the Wildwood Program Manager.
- Responsible for the daily organization of camper choice activities with oversight from the Wildwood Program Manager. Regularly distribute information about choice activities to program and unit leaders.
- Be a key member of a team of staff to design and implement three special event days during the 3 two-week sessions.
- Manage Wildwood's communication during the camp season
- Receive, respond to, and distribute phone calls, e-mail, voicemail, and postal mail.
- Communicate with staff by walkie-talkie.
- Act as a full participant in the Wildwood community
- Act as a positive role model for campers and staff
- Abide by all Wildwood and Mass Audubon policies and procedures
- Maintain positive, professional relationships with co-workers
- Strive to maintain a high level of personal health and wellness
- Attend all meals except during time off
- Complete Evening Security duties weekly as assigned
- Substitute as cabin counselor if needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Apply by: March 10 2020
Camp/Organization: Wildwood Camp - Mass Audubon (ACA Accredited)
Location: Rindge, NH
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $4,050 DOE
Applicants must at least be 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license. Staff must also be certified in First Aid & CPR throughout the entire summer.
Previous experience in camping, recreation, teaching, childcare or physical education preferred. Applicants must have strong record-keeping and computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel) as well as excellent written and oral communication skills; experience working with parents and children, working at a summer camp or school, and supervising staff.
27 Vining Road PO Box 826
Rindge, New Hampshire 03461