SeriousFun Children’s Network, founded by Paul Newman, is a growing global community of independently managed and financed camps and programs, which have come together with a common purpose – to serve children with serious illnesses and their families, free of charge. Through our 30 initiatives around the world, SeriousFun reaches more than 120,000 children and families annually. Learn more at https://www.seriousfunnetwork.org
Position Overview: The Program Associate (or Coordinator) is an integral part of the Program Department and reports to Director, Quality Assessment and Due Diligence. Working in concert with the entire Program team, this individual will work to support operational logistics as well as Program related projects.
• Support Program Team Administrative needs, including:
o Manage Program Team calendar (including internal meetings)
o Assist in coordinating Program Team meetings, agendas and minutes
o Manage JotForm, DropBox and any other subscriptions on behalf of the Program Team
o Reconciliation of Program Team expenses, i.e., credit cards, cash, etc., including liaising with Finance Department to ensure all processes are complete
o Oversee staff onboarding on behalf of the Program Team (i.e., coordinate orientation dates, ensure materials are updated, etc.)
o Assist in organizing approved camp/partner photos, videos, stories, and other assets on behalf of the Program Team
o Oversee purchase and inventory of Program-specific swag items
• Manage logistical tasks related to Criteria, Field Consultants, Staff Development Initiative, Conferences and Regional Meetings, including:
o Process all contracts, forms (applications, registrations), invoices, wire transfers, and expense payments
o Assist in arranging travel, insurance, visas, etc.
o Assist in procuring materials and supplies
o Manage the GPP Dropbox, including providing invitations
o Assist in troubleshooting for those in-the-field, as requested (i.e., travel related issues, technical issues, resource requests, etc.)
• Support the following on behalf of the Support Center:
o Assist in answering the main office phone line, as needed
o Maintain master contact list of camps, partners, Field Consultants, and Criteria Consultants (in Outlook)
Programmatic Support (50%)
• Provide assistance and general support to member camps, such as answering requests for information, collecting resources as requested, connecting staff members for shared learning opportunities, etc.
• Support member camps pre- and post-Criteria, as necessary
• Support camp programs and services. Responsibilities include:
o Identify webinar topics, research content, and facilitate webinars (as requested)
o Identify Staff Development Initiative/Peer Exchange opportunities and liaise with camps about these opportunities
o Codification of SeriousFun materials, including training, collateral, and other materials
o Develop and curate portions of the Funtranet
o Conduct research - internal (i.e. comparisons across camps, programmatic overviews and highlights, etc.) and external (i.e. industry best practices, collecting sample policies and templates, etc.)
o Prepare program materials requested by development and/or marketing
• Fulfill requests for information from Support Center Staff/Board (as requested), including providing content for stories and appeals, providing statistical data, and programmatic information
• Support Conferences and In-Person Gatherings by assisting in identifying and securing meeting space, ensuring IT needs are met, conduct food planning, etc.
• Support the Criteria Assessment Program, including organizing travel schedules, the collection and synthesizing of evaluative feedback, and supporting the delivery of the Criteria Reviewer Training program
• Support the Grants process for member camps and GPP, including collecting and summarizing applications, final reports, etc.
• Respond to all general (public) inquiries, including how to apply as a camper, how to volunteer, etc.
COMPETENCIES: Excellent organizational skills, good facility with use of databases, strong interpersonal communications and customer service skills, logistics management, note taking, and maintaining records.
Apply by: March 6 2018
Camp/Organization: SeriousFun Children's Network (ACA Accredited)
Location: Westport, CT
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: Compensation is commensurate with experience and relevant labor market comparisons.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS • Education: Bachelor's Degree (e.g. BA, BS) or equivalent • Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0-2 years • Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, data entry and internet navigation • Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a professional environment and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams • Ability to multi-task amidst multiple deadlines • Strong organizational skills, including developing systems both online and offline for organizing data, documents, or processes • Strong written communication skills including experience with online and printed content, e-mail correspondence and reporting • Ability to handle confidential documentation or issues • Ability to work professionally with various organizational levels • Ability to work independently with minimal supervision • General knowledge of office equipment and services
Preferred Skills • SeriousFun Camp Experience • Experience in working in NGO’s, with camp’s or other non-profit organizations. • Project management skills