The State of New Hampshire, Department of Health and Human Services, Child Care Licensing Unit has a full time temporary vacancy for Program Assistant II.
SUMMARY: Performs technical and clerical work and conducts on-site inspections of Youth Recreation Camps to protect the health and safety of the attendees and staff of the facilities and to ensure compliance with state regulations. This position is for the summer camp season.
- Conducts on-site inspections at youth recreation camps to ensure compliance with state regulations.
- Provides program guidance, advice, and technical assistance to youth recreation camps owners and directors.
- Communicates regulatory information and appropriate corrective actions to youth recreation camp owners or directors.
- Documents inspection results for use by program manager, agency staff, public, and youth recreation camp owners or directors.
- Schedules inspections and conducts work with minimal supervision.
- Investigates customer complaints regarding the operation of youth recreation camps.
- Assists program manager in planning and coordinating program activities and training.
- Conducts informational and operational training for agency staff.
- Assists in the development of operational policies and procedures and training materials.
- Presents information to clarify programmatic policies, procedures, and standards.
- Continually seeks to improve practices to add quality and value in support of the Department's mission while identifying and eliminating unnecessary or redundant actions.
Apply by: August 21 2020
Camp/Organization: Department of Health and Human Services Child Care Licensing Unit
Location: Concord, NH
Type of Position: Miscellaneous
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $17.37-$20.36 Hourly USD
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: The preferred candidate will have knowledge of the following: principles and practices of youth education and childcare, and state laws and regulations related to Youth Recreation Camp Licensing. The preferred candidate will be able to gather, assemble, correlate and analyze facts and identify existing or potential programs that may arise at their assigned camps. Ability to make decisions based upon fact-finding interviews within the parameters of the rules and policies of the agency. Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely in oral and written form, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the general public. Experience with Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidate will undergo a criminal background check in order to ensure suitability to enter youth camps in order to conduct inspections.
Education: Associate's degree from a recognized college or technical college or two years of college with a major study in education, education administration, child studies, youth development, or youth recreation. Each additional year of approved formal education may be substituted for one year of required work experience.
Experience: Three years' experience in education, education administration, childcare, youth development or youth recreation, with responsibility for providing program information to others. Each additional year of approved work experience may be substituted for one year of required formal education.
License/Certification: Must possess a valid drivers' license and/or have access to transportation for statewide travel.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: The supplemental job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the supplemental job description provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.
Concord, New Hampshire