Under the direction of the Director and Assistant Director of Summer Programs, the Pool Director's responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Full management of the Pool during our Summer Camp and Pre-Atheltics Season. Includes scheduling of pool staff
- Supervision of all pool staff
- Working with Camp Director on camp pool schedules for ease of flow at the pool.
- Working closely with Director of Athletic Training/Assistant Athletics Director on safety and supervision at the pool and schedule during Athletics Pre-Season. Swim Lesson Plans and supervision of instructors and daily lessons.
- Working with Camp Counselors to make sure all campers (whether in pool or out of pool) are safe and counselors are following pool safety and protocol.
- Creating a fun, interactive, safe environment for our campers at the pool.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the pool, pool deck and surrounding areas.
- Making sure all pool operations closely following MA Board of Health Pool requirements and guidelines.
- Responsible for management of and organization of the weekly swim tests for swim lesson levels, as well as deep end and water trip swim tests.
- Maintaining open communication with all pool staff and Director and Assistant Director of Summer Programs.
- Holding weekly pool staff meetings
Apply by: March 4 2016
Camp/Organization: Summer at LA
Location: Groton, MA
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
- At least 22 years old
- Minimum of 3 years as a lifeguard/water safety instructor
- At least 1 season (12+ weeks) in a Supervisory Role
- Currently carry up to date and non-expired Lifeguard AND Water Safety Instructor certifications
- Preference will be given to candidates with a current Certified Pool Operator Certification (or willingness to get one prior to June 1, 2016)