Purpose: To teach and help lead the camp’s waterfront and swimming activities, and maintain standards that lead to a quality program.
- Helps carry out a program of pool activities.
- Enforces and follows the standards set up for pool safety.
- Teaches skills development techniques and supervises free swim.
- Assists in the care of all pool activities.
- Assists with reports, inventories, records and other paperwork as required.
- Assists with opening and closing of camp.
- Assists in preparation and carrying out of rainy day activities.
- Attends pre-camp training.
- Assists in general camp program when requested.
- All other duties as requested.
The physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk on varied terrain, play games with campers and talk or hear.
- Specific vision ability required by this job is the ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus. Ability to differentiate colors helpful.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 30 pounds on a regular basis.
The work environment an employee is exposed to while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work may be indoors or outdoors and may be hot, humid, rainy or cool weather.
- Work will be during daytime with optional evening and overnight hours.
Apply by: August 7 2017
Camp/Organization: Camp Cedar Hill/Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (ACA Accredited)
Location: Waltham, MA
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Training and experience in waterfront activities.
- Current lifeguarding, small craft and other certifications as appropriate to position.
Note: It is a requirement of the State of Massachusetts Public Health Department that all lifeguards when on duty shall wear a bright red or bright orange bathing suit. Any shirt or jacket worn as an outer garment by a lifeguard shall also be red or bright orange and have the word GUARD printed in 4” lettering on the back. An orange hat or sun helmet shall be worn when on duty (105 CMR 435.23).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous camp experience (desired).
- Experience dealing with children in a professional manner.
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision.
- Acceptance of all people and ability to effectively relate to and communicate with a broad spectrum of campers and adults.
- Should possess initiative, resourcefulness and have a common sense approach to health situations that may arise.