Camp Skylemar, long considered to be one of the finest camps in the country, is in search of a well-qualified and experienced Outdoor Education Director. Skylemar, located in southern Maine, offers top-notch instruction and enjoyment in aquatics and land sports for 170 boys, ages 7-17. The setting is spectacular and well maintained, with 200 acres of fields and forest, and best of all, Trickey Pond. Trickey Pond, known as one of the States cleanest and most transparent body of water. It’s shoreline is the ideal setting for our popular and well-managed outdoors program.
We are in search of an Outdoor Education Director who:
- Has extensive experience directing an outdoor ed program
- Shares our belief that nothing is more important than safety
- Is comfortable teaching all levels, from the fearful to the experienced
- Is a positive and supportive leader
- Can train, motivate and supervise a college aged staff
- We seek a smart, fun, safe and dynamic leader, who will inspire kids and staff members to love the outdoors.
As an accredited camp, the Outdoor Ed Director will adhere to high standards established by the directors of Skylemar and the American Camping Association. Also, as a member of our Senior Staff, he/she will be an integral part of camp management overall. Known for our outstanding staff and attention to the individual child, Skylemar is a fantastic place to work.
Dates: June 9-August 15. We provide full scholarship ($13,300 tuition) for child or grandchild, $3,000-4,000 salary range, housing, meals and travel expenses.
Apply by: January 28 2018
Camp/Organization: Camp Skylemar (ACA Accredited)
Location: Naples, ME
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $3,000-4,000 salary range, housing, meals and travel expenses.