Facilitate outdoor adventure activity(s) (rock climbing, low/high ropes, canoeing, kayaking, paddle boating, archery, and/or snowshoeing) for Girl Scout groups and/or outside groups after school and on weekends at Girl Scout sites.
Apply by: May 3 2015
Camp/Organization: Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (ACA Accredited)
Location: Various- Eastern Massachusetts
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Year Round
Become a registered member of Girl Scouts.
• Agree to a criminal background check in compliance with state law.
• Excellent judgment skills.
• Experience working with children.
• Skills/experience/training/certification or willingness to obtain through GSEM in following areas: rock climbing, low ropes, high ropes, canoeing, kayaking paddle boating, archery, and/or snowshoeing.
• Ability to facilitate and work with a wide range of diverse youth and adults.
• Must be at least 16 years of age to assist and 18 years of age to lead programs.
• Previous experience running challenge programs, boating, archery or snowshoeing, preferred.
• Certification in CPR & First Aid required
• Own transportation (public transportation is not available to program sites).
1. Assists with the implementation of a safe and challenging adventure program.
2. Conducts outdoor adventure programs in trained area of rock climbing, low ropes, high ropes, canoeing, kayaking, paddle boating, archery, and/or snowshoeing.
3. Participates in enrichment trainings for boating, archery, snowshoeing and ropes course on a continual basis.
4. Inspects all equipment and environmental surroundings thorough safety check before participant use.
5. Promotes progression in activities matched to ability and interests of participants.
6. Makes sure daily proper paper work is filled out after each program.
7. Communicates with Outdoor Program Specialist about any maintenance, equipment replacement needs or any questions in a timely manner.
8. Ensures that participants are dressed appropriately and receive proper safety training prior to use of equipment.
9. Keeps portfolio hours and reports hours to Outdoor Program Specialist to keep portfolio up to date.
10. Implements the current standards of manual, safety activity checkpoints and volunteer essentials.
11. Greets and welcomes all girls and volunteers. Gives each group a clear description of what they will be doing for the program.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity.
111 East Grove Street
Middleboro, Massachusetts 02346