Employer Overview: The Barbara C. Harris Camp & Conference Center is a self-supporting institution of the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts. Our mission is to help people grow in faith and community by offering camp programs and by providing hospitality for retreats, conferences and other gatherings for churches and non-profit groups. Our goal is to provide these services in a personal, relaxed and efficient way that enables guests to reach their goals for spiritual, personal and organizational growth.
Dates of Employment: Full-time; Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Purpose: To further the mission of the Barbara C. Harris Center by providing excellent customer service to patrons, managing camp registrations and all financial aspects of the center, and overseeing human resource procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Providing excellent customer service to customers and vendors.
- Respond to emails and voicemails in a timely manner.
- Follow up with parents regarding outstanding payments, incomplete forms and financial aid.
- Maintain consistent and positive communication with customers and vendors.
- Managing camp registration.
- Administer the online camp registration database; manage household, financial and enrollment information.
- Print, organize and prepare health forms for camp nurse.
- Organize and oversee administrative camp check-in and check-out procedures.
- Organize and oversee administrative camp bus transportation procedures.
- Managing all financial aspects of the center.
- Process accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Process bi-weekly payroll.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Oversee camper financial aid process; maintain spreadsheets, monitor statuses, record financial awards given.
- Reconcile accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Create and run monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Oversee yearly audit.
- Oversee human resource procedures.
- Maintain employee personnel records; run yearly criminal background checks on staff.
- Follow-up with summer camp staff regarding missing paperwork.
- Review, renew and update organization’s insurance policies (health insurance, pension, workmen’s compensation, umbrella liability, general liability, auto insurance and director’s and officer’s insurance).
Other Job Duties:
- Attend weekly all-staff meetings.
- Maintain clear and positive verbal and written communication with other staff.
- Participate enthusiastically; be a team player and supportive member of the community.
Relationships: The Office Operations Manager reports to the Executive Director. When the Executive Director is absent, the Office Operations Manager reports to his assistant. The Office Operations Manager works closely with the Camp Director regarding camp registration, and with the Guest Services Manager regarding guest invoices and outstanding payments. The Office Operations Manager has consistent contact with the facilities and food service departments regarding work with vendors. The Barbara C. Harris Center maintains a supportive team atmosphere and the Office Operations Manager is expected to be a positive and contributing member of the group.
- Salary depending on experience and qualifications.
- Employer paid health, life and disability insurance.
- Optional employee paid dental insurance.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
Apply by: November 27 2016
Camp/Organization: The Barbara C. Harris Camp & Conference Center (ACA Accredited)
Location: Greenfield, New Hampshire
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Year Round
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed. Must work every Sunday that camp is in session (June 25th – July 28th, 2017).
- Passion for hospitality and youth camping.
- Familiarity with and/or openness towards the Episcopalian faith.
- Highly organized, systematic and efficient.
- Polite, friendly and patient; excellent customer service skills; able to work under stress and high demand.
Physical Aspects of the Position:
- Physically able to work at a computer for long periods during an 8 hour work day.
- Physically able to travel easily by foot around the property.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards.
- At least 5 years of administrative office experience.
- Experience working in a conference center or similar hospitality setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Superior technical computer skills: familiarity with web-based registration platforms, Peachtree or similar accounting systems and Microsoft Office software.