Camp Quinebarge is a traditional, summer, overnight boys and girls summer camp lying on 65 acres of forest and over 1,200 feet of lakefront on Lake Kanasatka in Moultonborough, NH. Since 1936, Camp Quinebarge has fostered an environment for children to learn about themselves and the world around them, try new activities and learn new skills, and make friendships that last a lifetime.
Office Admin is a key position at Camp Quinebarge. As the Office Admin you will oversee all aspects of the camp office and the day to day operations of Camp Q. This will range from answering the camp phone to handling the petty cash at camp. The office admin will work directly with the Directors of Camp Q to make sure the camps operations side is organized.
Essential Job Functions:
- Run the day to day operations.
- Maintain office cleanliness and organization.
- Operate the complete office and administrative duties.
- Take telephone calls, check Camp voicemail, and make calls as necessary.
- Manage the camp mail on daily basis.
- Order supplies, buses, and other important items.
- Work with financial manager to complete payroll.
- Collect and file paperwork as necessary for campers and staff.
- Manage camper and staff accounts and paperwork on our camp management software.
- Offer support to our Program Team.
- Help with organization of camper schedule.
- Manage the check in and check out process for campers.
- Assist with activity set up, particularly tasks that can be performed in the office (painting Quinebeads, making Quine-Calendar and daily Chalk Board, etc.)
- Serve as evening Admin Duty at least once a week.
- Perform other office duties as assigned by the Camp Directors.
Other Job Duties
- Attend administrative staff meetings.
- Participate as a member of the camp staff team to deliver and supervise evening programs, special events, overnights, and other all-camp activities and camp functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Camp Directors.
- Assist with evening Admin Duty.
Salary and Benefits
Camp Quinebarge offers a competitive salary, room and board, leadership and other training, weekly laundry, free camper tuition, camp t-shirts and the opportunity to participate in All-Camp Trips and onsite events. Staff are eligible for performance bonuses. Staff members receive an hour off daily and a day off each week.
How to apply
To apply for this or other positions at Camp Quinebarge, please visit www.campquinebarge.com, or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application period will remain open until the position is filled.
Being a staff member at Camp Quinebarge is an incredibly fun and rewarding experience for someone who enjoys children and helping them grow and is a summer you will remember forever. It is also physically and emotionally demanding and not for everyone. Please consider both before applying.
Camp Quinebarge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a member of the New Hampshire Camp Director’s Association, and accredited by the American Camp Association.
Apply by: May 31 2018
Camp/Organization: Camp Quinebarge (ACA Accredited)
Location: Moultonborough, NH
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Experience in an administrative or supervisory role in a similar environment
- Able to perform physical aspects of the position, including:
- Working long hours in an active camp program
- Identify and respond to environmental and other hazards
- Respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid, and assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury).
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of camper
- 21 years of age as of the start of employment and eligible for work in the United States
- Valid Driver’s License
- Meets state, federal, and ACA requirements for summer camp employment. Must pass a background check and provide other forms and details.
- Min. 1 year of college/university or completion of the Quinebarge CIT Leadership Program
- Certification in First Aid and CPR, at a minimum. These may be obtained onsite during staff training.
- Other certifications a plus (High Ropes/Wall, Wilderness First Aid)
- Desire to work with and inspire children in a summer camp environment.
Position runs from approximately June 16 to August 19, 2018. Please contact Co-Directors Liz Schwartzer and Nick Hercules for more details.