This Office Assistant role is a seasonal position from now through Aug 25th, perfectly suited for someone looking for a meaningful challenge in a relaxed, yet busy Camp environment under the direct supervision of the Office Manager. The Office Assistant is a crucial part of our team and must be punctual, organized, detail oriented, well versed in customer service best practices and skilled at communicating in a clear, warm and friendly way. The Office Assistant must be able to represent Everwood Day Camp’s values and professionalism and successfully prioritize and multi-task in a demanding, fast paced environment. Candidates must also be energetic and active, and ready to interact with campers, staff, and parents at a moment’s notice. Staff T-shirts will be provided. Casual office appropriate attire with shorts/jeans and sneakers are a must!
During Pre- Camp From February 6th-March 31st, hours will predominantly be one day per week, approximately 9am-2:30pm (5 hrs, with a half-hour unpaid lunch break). During April, workdays will be predominately two days a week (10 hrs). From May 1- June 23, hours will be 5 days a week, 9-2:30 (25 hrs), with a half hour unpaid lunch break. Weekend and evening hours may include Open Houses, staff training, and other misc. events.
During the Camp season (June 26th-August 25th) workdays will be Monday-Friday, from approximately 8:30am-5pm (40 hrs). These hours include a half-hour unpaid lunch break, and are subject to change or extend based on the needs of the Camp Office. Camp is closed on July 4th.
Our Office Assistant’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Daily use of our online database system.
- Collecting and managing confidential camper and staff information.
- Communicating with Camp families by phone and email. Maintaining a clean and organized office.
- Answering and transferring phone calls, taking messages, and checking voicemail.
- Assisting with late arrivals and early dismissals.
- Bringing campers and their belongings to their groups, or retrieving them at the end of the day.
- Greeting parents and visitors when they arrive for late arrivals or early pick ups.
- Communicating with our Transportation Coordinator and other office staff about camper transportation.
- Communicating with all staff about camper drop-off, pick-up and attendance.
- Managing daily attendance logbook and group attendance lists.
- Helping general staff with questions and directing them to the appropriate person.
- $11 per hour
- Being part of a dynamic team of Camp professionals in a rapidly growing organization that is driven by the desire to improve the lives of children.
- Free BBQ lunch every Friday during Camp and daily snacks!
Apply by: April 22 2017
Camp/Organization: Everwood Day Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Sharon, MA
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Available to work from now to August 25th (excluding July 4th) - no exceptions. This is a seasonal position with hours ranging from 5 to 40+ hours a week.
- Must have graduated high school and have completed at least two years of college or two years of work experience (post-high school).
- Experience in a customer service/office environment.
- Excellent multi-tasking and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong sense of initiative, with a patient and problem-solving attitude.
- Extremely strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A friendly and professional manner.
- Proficiency in operating word processing, spreadsheet and database software (particularly Word and Excel).
125 Lakeview Street
Sharon, Massachusetts 02067