Everwood Day Camp is seeking a child-friendly nurse (RN or Nurse Practitioner) to join our medical team. Our talented, experienced staff of nurses provide healthcare to a fantastic group of children and staff, aged 4 to 15.
- Assessing and treating injuries
- Organizing daily sick calls
- Dispensing daily meds
- Entering online medical records
- Responding to medical emergencies.
What is different about our Camp? A warm, friendly, family environment in a rural lakeside location. This is the closest you will get to an overnight Camp community without having to move away from home for the summer!
Spend a summer in the woods at an exciting, fulfilling job! Great compensation package, great location, great experience!
MORE INFO AND BENEFITS
- The camp day runs from 9am to 4pm
- Dates of Camp are from June 26th to August 25th (9 weeks), Mon-Fri. (Closed July 4th) Staff training in May and the beginning of June is also required.
- Salary ranges from $12-$18 per hour based on experience and qualifications.
- Free BBQ lunch every Friday and Camp snacks and popsicles everyday!
- Housing is not provided. Staff must live locally.
Apply by: April 22 2017
Camp/Organization: Everwood Day Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Sharon, MA
Type of Position: Health Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Licensed R.N. or Nurse Practitioner
- Ability to work with children aged 4 to 15
- Computer experience
- Work as part of a team
A current license (RN) is a prerequisite. Prior experience (preferably pediatric) is always preferred but warmth, patience and the ability to communicate effectively with campers, staff and parents are all crucial. Newly qualified RNs will also be considered. Experience with computers is also a requirement as we use an online database for our health records.
Everwood Day Camp is an outdoor focused summer camp featuring many physically demanding activities on land and water. Staff members are regularly required to walk, hike and otherwise move in woods, fields, beaches, and lakes. In order to perform the job, each staff member of Everwood Day Camp must be physically able to travel around a large rural environment (fields, woods, beach, etc.) over uneven ground on a regular basis. Everwood Day Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
125 Lakeview Street
Sharon, Massachusetts 02067