To provide first aid care for campers and staff, overseeing the administration of medications to campers and staff, coordinating visits with the camp physician and outside health care professionals as needed, monitoring overall camp health and cleanliness standards, maintaining appropriate camp medical records.
This is an 8 week position beginning the week before camp and ending on the last day of camp. This position reports to the Lead nurse.
Apply by: May 1 2017
Camp/Organization: Camp Yavneh (ACA Accredited)
Location: Northwood NH
Type of Position: Health Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Responsibilities include working together with the nursing staff to:
- Ensure each staff member and camper has on file a health history and examination form, as required.
- Assisting with the set up and running a system of health screenings for arriving campers and staff.
- Organize all camper medication and set up “dispensing system” as currently exists.
- Establish and follow appropriate medical routines, including electronic record keeping in Campminder, disposal of medical waste, managing and safeguarding medications, and utilizing approved standing orders.
- Make appointments, when necessary, with medical/dental offices in the local community.
- Check, maintain, and issue first aid kits when needed.
- Participate in and lead specific areas of staff training pertaining to camp health and safety, CPR, first aid, and use of universal precautions for infectious control.
- Keep accident/incident reports that can be used for risk-management assessment.
- Organize and log incident reports into medical log.
- Care for ill or injured campers or staff.
- Providing First Aid for minor injuries and illnesses.
- Monitor health of all staff.
- As part of the medical team, monitor/evaluate camp procedures, facilities, and conditions and suggest modifications that would create more healthful conditions at camp.
Active RN license, current BLS CPR certification and at least 5 years experience working with children/teen population.
Camp Yavneh is a co-ed overnight Jewish camp located in Northwood, NH serving close to 500 campers each summer. Yavneh creates a community in which people have the opportunity to engage and challenge each other through interpersonal connections. This deepens their own understanding of Jewish life and tradition while helping them gain an appreciation for, and understanding of, alternative points of view concerning observance and philosophy.