Positions are 2, 4, 6, or 8 weeks between June 18 - August 23 dependent on applicant availability. Please apply early, positions are filled on a rolling basis.
Camp Quinebarge is a traditional, overnight boys and girls summer camp lying on 70 acres of forest and over 1,200 feet of lakefront on Lake Kanasatka in Moultonborough, NH. Since 1936, Camp Quinebarge has fostered an environment for children to learn about themselves and the world around them, try new activities and learn new skills, have fun, and make friendships that last a lifetime.
The Camp Nurse is responsible for onsite healthcare for the Camp. Nurses conduct medical screenings as campers arrive, dispense prescription and non-prescription medication, triage injured or ill campers and staff, provide onsite treatment and care within the scope of their license and experience, and work with our contracted outside medical providers to secure more advanced care if/when needed. Most days, the nurse manages medications and responds to minor injuries and illness. The nurse has access to a golf cart at all times to transport him/herself, supplies, and/or patients.
Equipment used includes medications, first aid supplies, and other medical supplies per the nurse’s scope of practice. All treatment, screening, and medication records are to be recorded and maintained within CampMinder, our camp management system.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide healthcare to meet individual needs of camp staff and campers.
- Conduct arrival screenings per American Camp Association requirements.
- Store and dispense medication as needed.
- Triage and treat campers and staff for injuries or illness.
- Secure more advanced treatment with local providers when necessary.
- Remain on call at all times, including at night.
- Organize, maintain, and utilize adequate resources for serving the health and medical needs of the campers and staff.
- Work with food service and other staff to properly manage allergies.
- Maintain accurate and detailed medical records on CampMinder according to state and American Camp Association (ACA) standards.
- Oversee First Aid procedures and supplies.
- Supervise sanitary conditions throughout camp.
- Serve on Joint-Loss Management Committee.
Apply by: December 31 2019
Camp/Organization: Camp Quinebarge (ACA Accredited)
Location: Moultonborough, New Hampshire
Type of Position: Health Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Being a camp counselor at Camp Quinebarge is an incredibly fun and rewarding experience for someone who enjoys children and helping them grow and is a summer you will remember forever. It is also physically and emotionally demanding and not for everyone. Please consider both before applying.
Qualifications and Abilities
- Licensed as an RN, LPN, APRN, or MD eligible for practice in New Hampshire.
- Experience in pediatrics and first aid or urgent/emergency care, preferably in a camp or school setting.
- Able to perform physical aspects of the position, including:
- Work long hours.
- Identify and respond to environmental and other hazards.
- Respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid, and assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury).
- Lift and/or assist campers or staff for medical purposes.
- 21+ with valid Driver’s License, and clean record meeting NH camp licensing regulations.
- Eligible for work in the United States.
- Meets state, federal, and ACA requirements for summer camp employment. Must pass a background check and provide other forms and details.
- Current certification in CPR and/or First Aid. This may be acquired onsite during staff training.
- Desire to work around and inspire children in a summer camp environment.
Camp Quinebarge offers a competitive salary, room and board, leadership and other training, weekly laundry, camp t-shirts, and the opportunity to participate in trips and onsite events. Staff are eligible for performance bonuses. The Admin will receive one 12-hour day off during Traditions training week, and one 24-hour day off during camper weeks 2-7. There are no days off during camper weeks 1 or 8. Staff will also have one evening off per week, except during camper week 8.