JOB SUMMARY: To Coordinate and lead the Nature/Environmental Education program at Naticook Day Camp, and to help maintain standards that lead to a quality program.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general supervision of the Day Camp Director
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Develop, plan and lead the Summer Nature/Environmental Education Program
• Develop different projects that will fit into allotted time period
• Assist in conducting initial and end-of-season inventory, storing, and keeping equipment in good condition.
• Assist in teaching staff their responsibilities in activity during staff training
• Conduct daily check of facilities and equipment in program area for safety, cleanliness and good repair
• Submit orders for equipment and supplies when needed
• Teach and monitor proper use of equipment
• Assist in packing all materials and supplies at end of the season
• Evaluate current season and make recommendations for following season
• Other duties may be assigned and required
Apply by: March 3 2018
Camp/Organization: Naticook Day Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: High School graduate or equivalent, or at least 18 years of age Current CPR and First Aid Certifications preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Training and experience in Nature/Environmental Education
• Ability to create lesson plans for campers of all ages
• Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
• Good character, integrity, and adaptability
• Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
• Abilities to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
• Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
• Ability to work with different age and skill levels.
Interested candidates should complete the Town of Merrimack Application for Employment and mail or drop it off to the following address: Town of Merrimack Attn: Human Resources 6 Baboosic Lake Road Merrimack, NH 03054 Download the Application for employment by going to: https://www.merrimacknh.gov/sites/merrimacknh/files/pages/town_of_merrimack_application_2015.pdf