The Nature Activity Specialist is responsible for coordinating and leading environmental activities at Naticook Day Camp.
The specialist will develop, plan & lead daily nature activities for groups of children between the ages of 4 – 14.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Develop, plan and lead the Summer Nature/Environmental Education Program
- Develop different projects that will fit into allotted time period
- Assist in conducting initial and end-of-season inventory, storing, and keeping equipment in good condition.
- Assist in teaching staff their responsibilities in activity during staff training
- Conduct daily check of facilities and equipment in program area for safety, cleanliness and good repair
- Submit orders for equipment and supplies when needed
- Teach and monitor proper use of equipment
- Assist in packing all materials and supplies at end of the season
- Evaluate current season and make recommendations for following season
- Other duties may be assigned and required
Apply by: March 5 2019
Camp/Organization: Naticook Day Camp / Merrimack Parks & Recreation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $9.00 - $11.56/hr
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and have teaching experience in Nature or Environmental Education.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Training and experience in Nature/Environmental Education
- Ability to create lesson plans for campers of all ages
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
- Good character, integrity, and adaptability
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
- Ability to work with different age and skill levels.