The Parks & Recreation Department is seeking applicants for the position of Nature Activity Specialist at Naticook Summer Day Camp program. The person hired for this position is responsible for coordinating and leading Nature/Environmental Education programs for campers between the ages 4 - 14. Position is 40 hours per week (Mondays - Fridays) from June 24th - August 23rd.
We are seeking candidates with Training and experience in Nature/Environmental Education that have the ability to create and lead dynamic lesson plans for campers of all ages.
Apply by: June 21 2019
Camp/Organization: Naticook Day Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $9.00 - $11.56/hr
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Training and experience in Nature/Environmental Education
- Ability to create lesson plans for campers of all ages
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
- Good character, integrity, and adaptability
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
- Abilities to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
- Ability to work with different age and skill levels.
To Coordinate and lead the Nature/Environmental Education program at Naticook Day Camp, and to help maintain standards that lead to a quality program.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general supervision of the Day Camp Director
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Develop, plan and lead the Summer Nature/Environmental Education Program
- Develop different projects that will fit into allotted time period
- Assist in conducting initial and end-of-season inventory, storing, and keeping equipment in good condition.
- Assist in teaching staff their responsibilities in activity during staff training
- Conduct daily check of facilities and equipment in program area for safety, cleanliness and good repair
- Submit orders for equipment and supplies when needed
- Teach and monitor proper use of equipment
- Assist in packing all materials and supplies at end of the season
- Evaluate current season and make recommendations for following season
- Other duties may be assigned and required
Interested candidates should complete the Town of Merrimack Application for Employment and mail or drop it off to the following address: Town of Merrimack Attn: Human Resources 6 Baboosic Lake Road Merrimack, NH 03054