Camp Marist is an international, co-ed Catholic overnight camp for campers ages 6-16 years old on Ossipee Lake in New Hampshire. For over 70 years, Camp Marist has nurtured campers’ personal growth in faith, mind, body and friendship through a wide variety of activities and a welcoming, family-like atmosphere.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this year-round, part-time position (20 hrs/week) will work remotely to help with Camp Marist’s marketing and communications initiatives.
- Annual starting salary is $26,000 for 20hrs/week
- Performance will be evaluated every quarter with a larger review at the end of the year; potential for a yearly bonus based on reaching recruitment goals (to be determined).
- Receive retirement benefits
- Qualify for camper(s) tuition discount
Here's a mix of what you'll be working on:
- Develop and execute marketing and camper recruitment plan, which will consist of various marketing elements including email marketing, website maintenance, social media, printed collateral, and digital advertising.
Create and execute creative social campaign development to help with recruiting campers, engage with alumni and assist with fundraising:
- Executing content and handling social community management, including reputation management and writing social content for Facebook and Instagram.
- Maintaining Camp’s YouTube channel with new content, when developed
- Creating strategy, implementation, and reporting for paid social campaigns.
- Develop communications content, when needed, including new website content, recruitment materials, community outreach communications, etc.
- Develop, deploy and manage SEM projects, including Google Ads account.
- Monitor website traffic and analytics and provide recommendations to optimize SEO efforts.
- Organize and manage key marketing assets, including, but not limited, to photos and videos.
- Conduct competitive benchmarking to compare Camp Marist’s share of voice and marketing impact to keep Camp relevant and following best practices in the industry.
- Participate and collaborate through regular conference calls, email communications and meeting with the Executive Director.
- Assist with creating monthly/quarterly reports on marketing goals and benchmarking to share with Executive Director and Board of Director.
- Serve as an expert and resource in social, marketing and communications for the Camp Administration and staff.
Apply by: December 14 2019
Camp/Organization: Camp Marist (ACA Accredited)
Location: Effingham, New Hampshire
Type of Position: Miscellaneous
Time Frame: Year Round
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant business experience
- 5+ years of post-college digital marketing and communications role; experience working with a non-profit or educational institution is a plus
- Demonstrated foundation working on integrated efforts in the digital, print, email, website, and content creation spaces
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling content for marketing materials, including email, web and social media
- Experience working with tools and solutions like Google Ads, Google Analytics, Photoshop, Wordpress, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in graphic design, multimedia skills, including basic video production and photo editing
- Willingness to explore new opportunities to add value to the position, and to Camp Marist, will also be an expectation
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and with teams to proactively solve problems
- Fast learner with an eye for detail
- Adaptable, dependable and promotes a positive work environment
- Excellent organizational, time management, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
- Possible travel includes attending camp fairs and conferences and meeting with the Executive Director and Board of Directors a couple of times a year
- Interest in the Camp Marist mission and values
- Pass a criminal background check
At this time it is a part time positions (approximately 20 hours a week). Applicants should send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.