Girl Scouts of CT has an amazing full time, year round job opportunity that has opened up! Are you up for a challenge? Have over 5 years experience as a camp director? Ready to make a career change from camp director to manager? Sing like no one is listening, be a proactive part of a dynamic team? We are looking for our next Manager of Camping Services. GSOFCT owns and operates 8 summer camps through out the state of CT. This position is based out of North Haven, CT. The position oversees 5 seasonal day camp directors and the development and implementation of day camps in conjunction with the Director of Camping Services. The position is office based for the majority of the year with camp visits throughout the summer. Our next Manager of Camping Services should be ready to lead our summer day camps and our outdoor living skills program with gusto, grace and Girl Scout spirit!
Apply by: December 27 2019
Camp/Organization: Girl Scouts of CT (ACA Accredited)
Location: North Haven, CT
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Year Round
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The Manager of Camping Services must have knowledge/expertise in all matters relating to current issues for girls; program development; project management; vendor management; staff mentoring and development; and strong team building skills. Manager of Camping Services should be able to fulfill the duties of an on-site camp director as listed by the State of CT OEC.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in recreation and leisure or related field to organized youth camping.
- Minimum five years’ experience as a Day Camp Director for a licensed summer camp program. Position must have included supervision of seasonal employees, program development, camper and staff recruitment and budget/planning.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Standard first aid, CPR for the professional rescuer, Med Certified must be obtained prior to the start of the camp season.
- Demonstrates good judgment in anticipating and preventing accidents, and possess the ability to make sound decisions in a crisis.
- Have the ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule and be willing to travel throughout the State of CT
- Experience in registration platforms such as Double Knot, Salesforce or other platforms.
- Knowledge of State of CT Youth Camping Licensing regulations as outlined by the OEC or other States Youth Camping Licensing.
- Previous lead in an American Camp Association visit or ACA visitor.
- Knowledge/expertise in all matters relating to current issues for girls.
- Program development, project management and vendor management expertise.
- Enthusiasm, energy and a positive presence as a role model
PHYSICAL ASPECTS OF THE JOB
- Ability to effectively communicate orally.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards of the site and facilities and camper and staff behavior.
- Ability to provide first aid and to assist campers and staff in an emergency with a clear and level head
Position Title: Manager of Camping Services
Reports to: Director of Camping Services
Location: North Haven
The Manager of Camping Services is responsible for participating in the development of the long and short term strategy for the summer camp program, for the council, and for implementing the annual plan of achievement to ensure the success of the council’s camping services. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of five years’ experience as a Day Camp Director or management position in a youth organization that includes supervision of employees and/or volunteers and budget/planning; will have proven organizational skills; work well in an inter-departmental team environment; and strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to work with a diverse group of staff, volunteers and girls is a must.
- Oversees the daily operations for assigned camp programs.
- Manages and implements all applicable aspects of Camping Services plan of achievement.
- Develops and implements portions of an annual operating budget for the camp programs.
- Recruits, hires, trains and supervises a team of staff to develop and implement day camp programs.
- Develops and ensures the implementation of policies and procedures related to the council’s camps.
- Interprets the results of community assessments and develops innovative camp programs to meet the needs and interests of current and potential Girl Scout members.
- Develops camp programs that address our diverse communities.
- Works in collaboration with the Director of Camping Services and with the IT, human resources, mar-com, property and finance department to develop and implement strategies to promote and deliver the camp programs.
- Works collaboratively with community organizations, agencies and businesses in order to support and enhance camp opportunities.
- Embrace and enhance a culture that values diversity that reflects the council’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Ensures that the highest level of safety standards established by GSUSA, the State of CT and the American Camp Association
- Keeps abreast of trends and issues in the community affecting girls and council services and GSUSA’s, State of CT and American Camp Association changes, trends, and requirements related to the camp program and council.
- Develops and implements programs and program resources that provide outdoor opportunities for current and potential Girl Scout members during the non-summer camp season.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com