Camp Wing (Duxbury MA) • Camp Lapham (Ashby, MA)
Crossroads is looking for motivated, enthusiastic people who want to spend their summer making a life-changing impact on young people. Spend your summer in a fun, dynamic environment with incredible kids and inspiring colleagues.
Each summer, over 1000 kids from Greater Boston and Brockton attend one of our 3 residential summer camps, and 600 of those youth continue year-round in programming focused on Leadership Development, Community Action and College Access.
We hire a diverse team of passionate, dedicated counselors to inspire, mentor and build meaningful relationships with the youth that we serve. This is made possible through teambuilding, sports, swimming lessons, performing arts and adventure activities. Becoming a Crossroads’ Counselor is a terrific opportunity for people who are interested in pursuing endeavors in Child Development, Teaching, Social Work, Psychology and more.
General Summary of Duties:
- Live with campers in a cabin, helping them to adjust to camp life and to grow in understanding of other campers and of the dynamics of group living.
- Set a good example for campers by fostering the values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility; and by positive attitudes and performance.
- Guide and direct groups in a variety of activities.
- Participate fully in the total camp program.
- Foster positive communication and collaboration between all staff and kids.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
The essential functions for a general counselor include the ability to communicate and work with participants, and provide necessary instruction to campers. The counselor must have the ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations, and apply behavior management techniques. Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental hazards related to the activity are required. The counselor must also be able to assist the campers in an emergency situation and possess the strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
Positions start on June 22nd and finish on August 26th.
Camp stipends begin at $235/week.
Apply by: July 22 2016
Camp/Organization: Crossroads (ACA Accredited)
Location: Duxbury and Ashby
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: Stipends start at $235/week
•Must be 18 years or older.