Live and work at Camp Lawrence on Bear Island summer camp situated on 100+ wooded acres – a great setting for swimming, boating and exploration of the woods. If this sounds like a destination for you, then consider joining our team!
The Maintenance Assistant is responsible for addressing the day-to-day maintenance needs of the camp as well as planning and completing the seasonal upkeep of the island’s buildings and facilities (including structural maintenance, general plumbing, painting and staining) according to a preventative maintenance schedule. Additionally, instructing and mentoring Camp Crew in carpentry, maintenance, tool safety and professional conduct is an important facet of this position.
This full time, seasonal position is available from April 1st (or "ice out) to October 31st (or camp closes). Daily hours for the Maintenance Manager may vary, but generally range from 40-50 hours a week. The camps Maintenance Crew work day starts after breakfast until after dinner with breaks throughout the day, and the Maintenance Assistant's schedule needs to be flexible in order to be available as needed for oversight and on-call duties.
Apply by: April 14 2019
Camp/Organization: Merrimack YMCA (ACA Accredited)
Location: Bear Island, Meredith, NH
Type of Position: Maintenance/support Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Must have general experience in trades and working knowledge of Buildings, Carpentry, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, housekeeping and janitorial skills.
- Must have good planning and organizational skills to insure work load is completed in a safe and timely manner.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must work hands-on for all daily functions and projects, as well as act in a supervisory role for staff and volunteers as needed.
- Experience working with young adults and promoting a positive environment, including a strong work ethic and cooperative spirit.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication abilities.
- Friendly outgoing manner and commitment to public service.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Physical ability to carry up to 50 pounds and lift 30 pounds from floor to waist high.
- Experience with boat and trail maintenance.
- Ability to drive/learn to drive boats and pass New Hampshire Commercial Boat License test.
- Prior CPR/FA and AED certification, preferred.
360 Merrimack St Suite 270
Lawrence, Massachusetts 01843