- Provide support and training to staff in your division.
- Uphold all policies and philosophies of the Fessenden Day Camp.
- Teach staff their responsibilities in your division.
- Develop and implement strategies to help campers and counselors.
- Assure appropriate staffing of groups.
- Plan special events in your division (Fessy Games, Carnival, etc)
- Conduct formal evaluations of staff in assigned division mid season and the end of the season.
- Regularly conduct informal evaluations of staff in assigned division
- Discuss with director any concerns about staff and evaluate future employment.
- Assist in many different responsibilities to ensure the safety and well-being of both staff and campers.
- Available 8:45am-4:30pm, Monday – Friday for the entire camp season (all 8 weeks)
- Assist in planning and training for staff training sessions before and during camp season.
- Must be able to communicate and work with groups and provide necessary instruction to campers and staff.
- Ability to observe camper and staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
Apply by: March 12 2017
Camp/Organization: Fessenden Summer Camps (ACA Accredited)
Location: Newton, MA
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Seasonal
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Experience as an administrator in a camp and supervisory position working with children.
- Desire and ability to work with children in a camp setting.
- Ability to supervise staff and campers.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must possess patience, self-control, enthusiasm and a sense of humor.
- Pass a MA State run background check including a CORI and SORI.
- Occasional lifting, bending, and climbing stairs
- Frequent talking, listening, walking, sitting, and standing
- Must possess the visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to camp activity.
- Previous experience as an administrator in a camp.
- Previous experience in a supervisory position working with children.