Well-established Waterfront and Swimming program within a progressive Maine camp. Join a group of 20 devoted, energetic Lifeguards, teaching children ages 8-14 swimming, kayaking, SUP and more. All staff are trained through the American Red Cross and will gain a Lifeguarding Certification, while at camp. Activities take place at a private lake and heated swimming pool, both surrounded by open fields and miles of wooded trails.
Make an impact on children’s lives, enjoy Maine's outdoors, and embrace the challenges of working and living in a community of talented children and adults. For years, HVC staff have expressed themselves like this... "I feel like I grew as a teacher and counselor. I think that my skills in counseling grew tremendously as a result of working with young people."
Skills you'll use and hone every day:
- Teaching your specialty
- Leadership — in small and large groups
- Teamwork and team building
- Problem solving and decision making
- Understanding learning styles
And summer life at HVC has so many benefits!
- Inspire young people and teach them new skills
- Make a difference in children's lives
- Explore the woods, ocean and small villages of midcoast Maine
- Have fun!
- Be silly!
- Be yourself with other like-minded people from around the world
- Internships available, competitive salaries, splendid varied meal choices, and more.
Apply for employment now, email email@example.com or visit our Web site.
Apply by: December 30 2019
Camp/Organization: Hidden Valley Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Freedom, ME
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Intermediate to advanced swimming abilities... Experience working with children... Prior experience instructing and/or instructor certifications preferred... And if you enjoy the outdoors and community life, a summer at HVC is for you!